Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Members in Uniforms Part 2

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
8099410_orig.jpg

IMAGE_054edit.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

Fantastic stuff Cobden, the Chindit impression is my favourite, looks like a photo from the period.

Great photos everyone, keep them coming.

Renault

One Too Many
^^Great, Renault! Is the bottom intended to be French-Indochinese War?

Yes, we had a big Indochine event down here June before last! We had very agressive Viet Minh forces (as they should be) and all the advantages lay in their camp. French union forces had to tend with our wounded, supplies, attrition, poor commo, and all the things that make things lousy on the battlefield! The VM had none of these problems factored into their operations!!!! This method worked outextremely well. This photo was of our patrol on it's way back from it's objective. The cool thing about this era is practically all the equipment and uniforms we use are the original thing!!!!

Renault

Slim Tim

New in Town
Here's a picture of me with the Third Inf. division having some fun:
168659_1798536369823_1432194458_1932581_2526181_n.jpg

I have more reenacting photos I'll upload later.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Signing with Renault here, Lt. of the 2nd Marine Infanty Regiment during the Algerian War. Standing next to a guy who does both WWII and Korean War Marine impressions at living history events (and is a Korean War Marine vet to boot! Great guy).

396449662.jpg

Almost all the set of kit I had were original, though I had to make do with the 1960s-70s era trousers... Sadly, when my son came and expenses went up the whole batch of kit, the MAS 49, and the MAB pistol had to be sold. (but I kept the kepi! ;) )

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
1914 Prussian Infantryman:
impressionplate1914_web.jpg

Prussian NCO Pilot based on Vizefeldwebel Rudolf Windisch (right)
40568_415344953789_23688958789_4736709_2048944_n.jpg
windisch.jpg

Marcus,

You are making it extremely difficult, ol man! I don't wanna start another impression!!!! ;-)

BTW, today is "Camerone Day"! The most sacred day in the Legion!!!!! April 30, 1863!

Vive la Legion!

Renault

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Chaplain of the 13th Air Force Veterans Association

544.jpg

This is me when I was Chaplain to my Father's Reunion group, the 13th Air Force Veterans Association. I was real tired in this photo. I had just finished Jitterbugging at the Hanger dance during one of the reunions. Had a blast.

p51

One Too Many
I’ve been a re-enactor since the age of 5 (during the bicentennial of the revolution). I’ve done many different time periods, some of which I doubt I even have photos of anymore. But here’s a selection of various photos of me in uniform.

US Civil War, taken at Gettysburg (one of only three photos of me dressed as a Yankee as I grew up doing CSA field artillery:

OrdGburg.jpg

WW1:

DoughboyParade97.jpg

WW2 War Correspondent:

WarCoClassAStand.jpg

Presstent.jpg

WarCoStagingStevens09.jpg

LeeWarCoOly09-1.jpg

WarCoLee.jpg

WW2 USAAF:

LeeInP51sitting.jpg

ww2copy.gif