Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Members in Uniforms Part 2

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hi rocketeer
I am trying to replace all my original uniform with good quality repros. I don't want to wear out or damage my original kit. It's lasted this long, it deserves to last a lot longer.
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to replacing my boots yet. They are original, Air Ministry stamped boots. Made by Hawkins. I will eventually replace them with D Lewis boots.http://www.lewisleathers.com/173.html
They're good but nobody makes repros the same way they did back in the 1930s.
Hi, and thanks for that. I had a pair of original boots years back, but they were in almost as new condition but very stiff so not really comfortable to walk in. I bought the Aero boots as soon as they came out but dont think they make them anymore.
I have seen the D Lewis boots in the shop in London. They looked a bit pointy to me certainly more pointed than my original pair in the 1980s, but the website sole looks more like the Aero boots are, maybe they have altered the style slightly. Seems you cant win.
At nearly £400 I would try to find someone with a pair already, just in case you dont like them.

Fury964

Familiar Face
I nearly managed to get some repro ones that had barely been worn in, but when I asked the trader he said "Sorry, but I have sold these already but had forgotten to take them off the website". If anyone does have any broken in but not worn out, repro 36 pattern, size 8 boots, that they are considering selling, I would be very interested. I don't really want to fork out nearly £400.00 if I can help it. I'd rather help someone else at a reduced rate.

Last edited:

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Here are some of mine, this by no means is all of my impressions, just some of my more used ones or at least ones I have clear pictures of me. Most of the time at reenactments there isn't a camera any where to be seen (we like it that way) so I never come home with any good shots!

English Civil War, Royalist Scottish Lowland Musketeer.
l_f6e1b50bd7054fce96ada4e232e5bdb82.jpg

1745 Jacobite Rising Scottish Highland Clansman.
Jacobites047.jpg

1745 Jacobite Rising, Scottish Highland Officer/English Jacobite/Scottish Lowland Jacobite (pictured with a man doing the Prince's Foot Guards in the tartan)
ColusaJacobiteEvent127.jpg

1861-62 American Civil War, Confederate 1st Texas Infantry.
MoreHoneymoonPic001.jpg

WW1 Cameron Highlanders 15th Scottish Division.
WW1ScottishGames038.jpg

WW2 Italian Royal Army 5th Bersaglieri, Greece/North Africa.
Italianimpression002.jpg

WW2 Italian Royal Army 5th Bersaglieri, North Africa 1942-43
Italianimpression015.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Here are some of mine, this by no means is all of my impressions, just some of my more used ones or at least ones I have clear pictures of me. Most of the time at reenactments there isn't a camera any where to be seen (we like it that way) so I never come home with any good shots!

English Civil War, Royalist Scottish Lowland Musketeer.
l_f6e1b50bd7054fce96ada4e232e5bdb82.jpg

1745 Jacobite Rising Scottish Highland Clansman.
Jacobites047.jpg

1745 Jacobite Rising, Scottish Highland Officer/English Jacobite/Scottish Lowland Jacobite (pictured with a man doing the Prince's Foot Guards in the tartan)
ColusaJacobiteEvent127.jpg

1861-62 American Civil War, Confederate 1st Texas Infantry.
MoreHoneymoonPic001.jpg

WW1 Cameron Highlanders 15th Scottish Division.
WW1ScottishGames038.jpg

WW2 Italian Royal Army 5th Bersaglieri, Greece/North Africa.
Italianimpression002.jpg

WW2 Italian Royal Army 5th Bersaglieri, North Africa 1942-43
Italianimpression015.jpg

Ever been to Detling by any chance?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
No, I've not yet been to the UK though I have quite a few friends there who I would like to join at various events.
detling is a weekend show that encompasses all the different re enactment groups at one show complete with static displays and re enacted battles etc.
All the usual groups are there, German WWII, American D day and USAAF of course but also Roman soldiers holding off the Picts, and even a few Vikings pillaging a few villages.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
detling is a weekend show that encompasses all the different re enactment groups at one show complete with static displays and re enacted battles etc.
All the usual groups are there, German WWII, American D day and USAAF of course but also Roman soldiers holding off the Picts, and even a few Vikings pillaging a few villages.

Timeline events like that are held a few places on the East coast of the US. Last spring I judged for the post-1880 food at one of those events. It was like a history of corned beef and cabbage but I was told last year Spam was in all the meals.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars

I know what the Detling event is and I have been aching to go! I have many friends who go to it and set up various displays.

p51

One Too Many
Taken at a private social event for my living history group this past weekend, we're standing in front of one of the "Tora Tora Tora" T-6 mockups... My wife shocked me a few days before by buying a reproduction 1940s dress (I never thought I'd be able to get her into 40s stuff!). We weren't able to get an idea for a '40s hairstyle, but I'm working on that idea for her...
UsandZero.jpg

hondekoop

New in Town
Afghanistan, november 2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dear Fellow loungers,

Allow me to quickly re-introduce myself: I use to be 'Zwelgbast', but returning after a tour in Northern Afghanistan (I was redeployed to the Netherlands in november 2012) I forgot the pass word (and the control question). Being a Hotmail-user, a friend of mine submitted a new username and pass word. I am the person left.

I thoroughly enjoy this lounge (and the forties), and love to wear my Aero A-2 and my ELC B-3 (Rough Wear) whenever suitable.

Greetz,

Matthew

hondekoop

New in Town
^^Welcome back home, brother. Good to see pix of Dutch boys in-country, too. You carrying a modified M-4 carbine?

Thx, Widebrim.

The gun issued to me is called the Diemaco-Colt C7: a license-manufactured Canadian M16A2-rifle, which is modified by Colt. The C8 is the shorter version, which compares with the US M-4 carbine. As a side arm we Dutchies are issued the Glock 17.

Cheers,

Mathhew

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana