Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I have to confess that my wife is the primary chef chez Cairo, while I am the bbq grill master, Christmas and Thanksgiving turkey king, and occasional "guest cook".

I prefer "Hobbit food" as I call it, basically traditional English or Scottish fare like Scotch broth soup, stews, roasts, etc. On Tuesday it was cottage pie (Shepherds pie with minced beef vice lamb).

Turned out quite nice, even my daughters enjoyed it, and THAT is saying something!

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Regarding clean up. Yes, clean as you go. Normally my wife puts away the leftovers and I do the pots. After all these years, we are in sync and can whip up an extraordinary meal and clean it all up with hardly thinking about it.

A bachelor, I usually skate KP duty, pile dishes high inside the sink. Hardly ever cook.
Apartment is more a crash pad. Once a surfer bum, always a beach bum.
But my new year resolution is to change. No more ordering in, take out, nada, zip, zero.
Hit the supermarket grocer, take some initiative. Get my ass in gear.
Grill cheese sandwiches to start, my first step, then Irish stew, roasts.
I just need to get the "clean it all up with hardly thinking about it" part down.:eek:o_O:)

Once in a while will buy a Costco roast chicken.....best protein bang for the buck.....two meals out of it then I make soup for the third dinner. My wife raves about my soup...says I have the 'touch".......and she tells me if I want to get lucky the most effective way is to ply her not with booze but my chicken soup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner