Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

Connery

One Too Many
How about Morcella---blood sausage?

Oh yes, with potatoes and onions.:eusa_clap

recipe-morcella-especial-morcila-re.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I ate a chicken neck for the first time in my life yesterday. I was at a local watering hole watching the games when the chef (new from NOLA) brought out plates of braised chicken necks on a bed of vegetable rice and handed them out to several of the regulars. This item is not on the menu so it appears that he made a special effort to serve this delicacy to us. Well the rice was fantastic, as was the sauce from the necks but I don't think I'll be having chicken necks again any time soon.

deelovely

Practically Family
Yeah, I smoke a pipe occasionally. However, a nice cigar helps me get into the cooking frame of mind. Easier to light than a pipe, which is a plus, seeing as I lit a corncob pipe on fire once. I am not exactly sure how that happened.

How did you find out my family's secret recipe? :D

Hahaha!! lol Ya'll crack me up! I just read through this whole thread and was laughing my butt off! As for myself, I LOVE to cook! I love trying new things and if I get started looking at cookbooks or recipes online... I get entranced and lost in them! lol As far as teaching your children to cook, I think it's a great idea. I guess as long as they are willing to learn. Hearing that some of you show your boys how to do things in the kitchen makes me feel a lil guilty though :eusa_doh: as I have 2 daughters, 11 and 14, and they have not picked up much from me at all. I do WANT to teach them how to do some things though, I hate the idea of them being grown and out of the house and being the type of people that can only boil water or else nuke frozen meals!!:eeek:
I have some black eyed peas going in the crockpot right now as I type :) Put some chopped onion, minced some garlic cloves, diced ham and a nice sized ham hock in there along with a little spice, and it is smelling yummmy!!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
My lovely wife likes when I cook [last night was homemade chicken and rice soup] as I do clean up after myself in the kitchen. Her comment was something to the effect now if she get me housebroken and able to color inside the lines..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21