Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's pants half off - and I don't mean sale prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

this one guy

Familiar Face
As I was walking towards my favorite pizza establishment tonight, I noticed a young gentleman ahead of me. As he walked, his trousers fell down. He lifted them up without breaking stride, as if it was a move perfected by repetition.

I had seen this sort of thing before, and often times the trousers are never fully up! This seems prevalent among the younger set, but I did see on one occasion the manifestation on a baby boomer gentleman.

As I often do not have my fingers on the pulse of leading edge fashion trends, can anyone explain or comment on what sort of rationale could have led to this form of sartorial eloquence? It's not another one of those irony things, is it? Who started it? Do the ladies find this to be "cute"? :eeek: I'm wondering if this is a North American phenomenon, or are our Loungers on other continents seeing it as well?
Should I discard all of my belts?
I felt the need to rant about this a little bit. [huh]

If this topic has already been covered can someone direct me to the thread? I am interested in opinions.
If it is too risqué, please feel free to delete it.

Rathdown

Practically Family
This is a fashion that went straight from the jail house to the 'hood, where it was embraced as part of the emerging "gangsta" (c)rap culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80