Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Merry Christmas from warm, sunny Dallas, Texas ...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
But not warm and sunny here today, our second white Christmas in three years:

32085A1E-16E6-4C13-A09D-1536287F1F16-1893-0000094289A30F57.jpg

Yeah, I know this is not a big deal to those of you who live way up north, but it is very unusual here. Yesterday, it was shirt sleeve weather but not today, with maniac North Central Texas drivers who have never driven in snow still going 80 MPH.

Guys, have a great Christmas holiday and a safe, prosperous New Year!

Peacoat

Bartender
I guess that could be called snow. After all there is sorta some on the yard and the trees . . . . sorta.

And Merry Christmas to you as well.

wdw

One Too Many
Merry Christmas to you Fanch, and all others on the Lounge.

That looks like the perfect excuse to get the HWM on. :)

I remember being stationed at Ft. Puke,Lousyana in 1971 and went to a movie on base with a buddy from Texas. While in the movie about 1/4" of sleety snow fell all over the parking lot. When we came out he started jumping up in the air as high as he could shouting 'SNOW SNOW'! Embarrassing!..until he finally proclaimed that he had never seen anything even resembling snow before. Later that day..they shut down any vehicle traffic on the whole Fort. Cars where sliding off the roads everywhere. Sorry..buy I couldn't help but laugh my arse off...!!
Merry Christmas Fanch
HD

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Merry Christmas...I am just south of Dallas in Aggieland and I have NEVER seen a white Christmas. I was in the army in Virgina when snow fell. You could always tell the soldiers from Texas by the way we all got excited!

Davo

New in Town
Funny to see this post because I'm also in Dallas (Love Field), in the snow.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
We had about an inch here... it was kinda magical... till I had to shovel it up. Used my Gloverall Toggle for that... just warm enough! And a Murry Xmas and Slap Happy New Year to every and all.

Worf

pauleway

Practically Family
I live in a suburb of Buffalo N.Y. and we are suppose to get about 12" tonight. All I can say is - "I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I live in a suburb of Buffalo N.Y. and we are suppose to get about 12" tonight. All I can say is - "I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas!

We are already melting and up to 50 degrees tomorrow. In Dallas, the temperature can vary anywhere from 80 degrees to sub zero this time of year. I've heard of the "Erie Snow Dump" that buries Buffalo in the white stuff and mostly spares Toronto. Pauleway, I feel your pain.:smow: :D

Monte

A-List Customer
We have a local DJ that had a collision in an unmarked intersection and he raved that we are the worst drivers in the nation. I think he said he's from CA. Not sure why he thinks his listening audience would be ok with an opinion like that.

Monte

A-List Customer
It's been snowing weekly here since October and it doesn't melt right when it hits the pavement so we have to pile it up and haul it to a dump site. To all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

IXL

One Too Many
I'm in Oklahoma and we cancelled our plans for the second time in three years, to go down to Dallas for Christmas. Both times because of snow and ice. There was a 23 vehicle pile up in OKC.

Peacoat

Bartender
We have a local DJ that had a collision in an unmarked intersection and he raved that we are the worst drivers in the nation. I think he said he's from CA. Not sure why he thinks his listening audience would be ok with an opinion like that.

And California drivers have more experience driving in the snow than North Dakota drivers? ND has to be one of the coldest, snowiest states in the country, while CA is temperate by comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner