Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metal ice cube tray and vintage resin bowl - new lower price!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Part 1 of Kitty's I-Kicked-Him-Out-and-OMG-He-Left-Me-With-Tons-of-Unpaid-Bills Sale, my desperate attempt to raise some cash wherever I can.

Vintage Norge aluminum ice cube tray makes 18 cubes. A couple of scratches on the inside, and some small dings on the bottom, but the lever mechanism works perfectly. This was part of a set of 2 and unfortunately, a certain jerk who was living here broke the mechanism on the 2nd one. $5 + shipping SOLD

icetray1.jpg

Vintage bowl measures 23" around the top and 4.5" high. Olive green with an interesting speckled pattern in turquoise, yellow, red and orange (3rd photo is the most accurate representation of the color). I don't know what this is made out of, but it's a very hard resinous material and there are no chips. I guess this bowl to be 1960s. The bottom is stamped "Boonton Made in N.J." new price - $6 + shipping.

bowltop.jpg

bowlside.jpg

bowlbottom.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
CeceliaRose said:
ooo, ice cube tray... I want! :)

Great! I'm glad it's going to a good home. I love these trays, but I already have 2 that live in my freezer and I've discovered that's all I need.

Please PM me your address and I will send you a shipping quote tomorrow.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The bowl is made from melmac, like those plastic 50s dishes. I used to have a big collection of melmac, but have since given most of it away because I have too many dishes in my house. I've heard of those particular bowls referred to as barfware because the colors resemble... you know. lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BeBopBaby said:
The bowl is made from melmac, like those plastic 50s dishes. I used to have a big collection of melmac, but have since given most of it away because I have too many dishes in my house. I've heard of those particular bowls referred to as barfware because the colors resemble... you know. lol

HAHAHA Thanks for the info :) I think they look kindof cool.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
After looking on Ebay for "melmac", I discovered that I was right! I originally wanted to say they were "melamine", but I wasn't sure, and I'm not even sure how I knew what melamine was.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
I think they look kind of cool.

I've always thought so, too. I just saw a dress on Etsy that reminded me of them just a bit, but I'm not sure I convinced the wife to take the plunge.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
KittyT said:
After looking on Ebay for "melmac", I discovered that I was right! I originally wanted to say they were "melamine", but I wasn't sure, and I'm not even sure how I knew what melamine was.

My mother had a graduated set of the same bowls when we weer growing up that I vividly remember. Hers were brown and I think they are at my brothers house now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think melamine and melmac can be used interchangeably. I've also heard them called Bontoonware because there was a huge factory in Bontoon, NJ, that was a major melmac manufacturer.

Rachel Ray always has barfware bowls on her cooking show. Now that's she's trying to make her name a brand like Martha Stewart, I've seen her marketing "garbage bowls" that look like the vintage ones. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran