Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnight Blue Highwayman yes? no?

Blue?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And last night the Board Racer kind of crept up on me. There is this one on the Aero website, and Thurston has a 40 as well as a 42. It seems the consensus from reading the threads would be to upsize on this one due to the narrow shoulders? The Thurston one (Vicenza) is a 40, and I found a StyleForum thread of the same jacket I believe...the gent weighs a bit more than me and it looked pretty good on him. So I'm torn b/tw a 40 or 42.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2884

The Thurston Vicenza in size 40:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Board-Ra...ehide-Leather-Jacket-/181924783187?nav=SEARCH

A goatskin BR in a 42:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Board-Ra...ack-Style-and-Collar-/171969923695?nav=SEARCH

It's black/fringes on a rock n' roll vibe/quick delivery. Whichever one fits might be it, as all of the leathers are fantastic. This is thought process #2; #1 being color.

I'm about 155 pounds (mostly long leg weight/40ish chest/skinny....I prefer a slightly roomier fit. (i know, going against the ethos of the BR...)Any advice?)

Thanks. This would be an early Christmas+ Birthday gift from my Dad. He's alarmed but equally impressed at this jacket thing Im telling him all about. I don't want to take up his offer, but I feel I have no choice...

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
And last night the Board Racer kind of crept up on me. There is this one on the Aero website, and Thurston has a 40 as well as a 42. It seems the consensus from reading the threads would be to upsize on this one due to the narrow shoulders? The Thurston one (Vicenza) is a 40, and I found a StyleForum thread of the same jacket I believe...the gent weighs a bit more than me and it looked pretty good on him. So I'm torn b/tw a 40 or 42.

The Thurston Vicenza in size 40:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Board-Ra...ehide-Leather-Jacket-/181924783187?nav=SEARCH

That replica is beautiful, I would be interested in seeing a fit pic.

It could be a nice alternative to DD and RMC's J-100

Edward

Bartender
Two tone cherry and midnight? :p

Actually, I'm a big fan of the cherry.

Didn't you have a cherry HWM, or am I thinking of somebody else?

I considered the cherry for my Bootlegger, but after discussing it with Aero went for the Cordovan, which is much brighter made up in a jacket than it looks from a small sample. I think the Board Racer would look great in Cherry!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Finger poised to order something. Still not entirely sure just what yet. I'm growing less enthused with the midnight blue CXL, yet more into the Cherry or a lighter hide.

I'm going to put the choices into a bag, shake it up, and just choose one...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The only thing that might make me leery of the cherry is that I might have second thoughts about why that color is not more popular than it is. My wife recently took the wind out of my sartorial sails when she informed me that my favorite mauve rayon shirt looked ghastly with my complexion. I still think the Midnight might be more interesting.

ProteinNerd

So I'm torn b/tw a 40 or 42.

I'll offer my experiences. I've got both sizes.

A 40 Board Racer which fits but is very snug across the shoulders in particular and a good slim fit across the chest. Its perfect for me in the waist.

I recently picked up LaymanX's size 42 Board Racer based Sheene off the classified section. Its definitely a more comfortable fit, not too large in the chest but its currently getting trimmed in the waist...it was just too big for me.

The measurements across the shoulders were the same for both which was really surprising (maybe just the variations of handmade jackets?) but the extra room in the chest in the 42 makes it fit very differently. Despite them being identical when laid on top of each other, it makes a world of difference.

If I was going to order another Board Racer I'd got for a size 42 tapered down to a 40 in the waist.

The 42 was 21inches across the waist at the hem, while the 40 is 19 inches.

Hopefully the alterations go well...I'll post comparison pics in a few weeks when I get it back from the tailor.

I'm kicking myself I didn't get a before pic of the size 42.

Edward

Bartender
The only thing that might make me leery of the cherry is that I might have second thoughts about why that color is not more popular than it is. My wife recently took the wind out of my sartorial sails when she informed me that my favorite mauve rayon shirt looked ghastly with my complexion. I still think the Midnight might be more interesting.
I think the blue might be more generally wearable, but really it depends what you wear it with. I wear my cordovan a whole lot more than I anticipated.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm all jumbled up, but I think I have an order put together. Going to stick with my original intuition and go with the blue.

Sorry about all of this. I am the biggest flip-flopper you've ever seen. I think it's a medical condition. Lol

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm all jumbled up, but I think I have an order put together. Going to stick with my original intuition and go with the blue.

Sorry about all of this. I am the biggest flip-flopper you've ever seen. I think it's a medical condition. Lol
Great stuff Nick! I change my mind every other day. I had a whole thing nailed a few months ago. I had taken my time, and flipped at the critical moment. I changed my mind all together and made one up on the spot, and loved it. A jacket I hadn't really considered before at all.It's all part of the journey mate.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I just feel like a little child with all of this back and forth. Maybe it's a testament to how much this jacket love has engulfed my heart. I honestly love most all of them, across the board.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Same same mate. I'm glad I'm not the only one that bounces around with 50 different ideas on a daily basis. Enjoy it.

tropicalbob

It's not you, Nick. I'm sure if most of us were suddenly told we could have any jacket we wanted there'd be a lot of gnawed knuckles and furrowed brows.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I think the blue might be more generally wearable, but really it depends what you wear it with. I wear my cordovan a whole lot more than I anticipated.

Cordovan is light years from cherry. There is a reason you see plenty of cordovan jackets, but very few cherry.

Edward

Bartender
Cordovan is light years from cherry. There is a reason you see plenty of cordovan jackets, but very few cherry.

Yes, I had actually planned to go with cherry originally, but took Aero's advice that both look much lighter in a whole jacket than they appear from a small sample. They certainly didn't steer me wrong. Cherry could be very cool for a cafe racer or a Sheene, but I think it's such a strong colour, it'd be a bit much in any design with a lot of details. (That said, there was a time when I was a fully paid up member of the Church of Leather-only-comes-in-Black-and-Perfecto-style, so I may be less adventurous than some... ;) ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL