Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnignt Blue

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My OPTIMO Miidnight Blue Fdeora arrived at 6:00 pm tonight. The workmanship is fantastic. I am disappointed, however.
My last hats (Nutria and Phantom Blue) were a full 5" at the pinch in the crown. This new hat is a mere 4".

I am going to send it back.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Bummer! Just when you get excited in opening the lid of that hat box....and a glaring reason to send it back.

You think they used a different block for that one? Was the style different from your previous hats?

G

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It was an illusion, I guess.

This morning, I opened up the box again, and realized how deep a crown crease was put into the hat. I popped it up and steamed it out, and reset it. It is now just barely shorter than my Phantom Blue or the Nutria.

Saved by the kettle! Saved by the hat brush. Saved by the fingers of Andykev!.

It looks fine now.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
I am glad.....

that the hat worked out for you.

From your first post it seemed as though Graham had blocked your hat in a Manhattan style. As soon as I read your post I went over to the hat I am wearing today....Tuxedo Black Manhattan and the front is 4" high. However, I have a fedora that Graham blocked in a Mitchum style and the crown is taller. If I remember right most of your hats from OPTIMO are in a Mitchum Style, right?

Would like to see some pictures of your Midnight Blue Fedora.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hat is perfect!

Ok...Michaelson is right. Don't open your hat box when you are dead tired and arguing with kids about doing homework!

I also spoke to Graham about the low crown and my "discovery" of it just being pinched down. Graham said he just put that creas in it and it easily pops out..as most of his customers don't want as tall a crown in front as me.

I popped it right up and it is great. The camera is recharging, and I have pics to post tonight in about 45 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy