Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan Mania

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Sorry for the low-fi cellphone pic, but I guess I'm lookin' pretty happy with this groovy Resistol I won on eBay for $28. It's a bit lumpy and could use a block, but I've been wearing it a lot anyway. Ironically, I've gotten more comments and compliments on this one than any of my other hats, most of which cost 4 or 5 times as much. Milans rock!

Couldn't agree with you more Lawrence.

Thanks again David, I'm finding it hard not to wear. Still a bit big even with padding, the crown sits on my noggin but the hat goes with a lot of my "outifits".

Still stunned by Dinerman's posts, you know your in for a treat when the page takes forever to load. Like to see some more milans posted though.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Glad you like the hat, Mike. I don't have much green or yellow in my wardrobe, so it was hard to match that with the right clothes.

I replaced it with another Milan. I've already posted in the Cavanagh Club, so I will post it here as well.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
My addition to Milan Mania!

I am not well versed in all things Milan but this hat feels great and is so comfortable to wear. Picked off ebay ...like new. Sold from Hatman Jacks in Witchita KS.
MilanandOR982012001.jpg
MilanandOR982012002.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
I recently picked up this Optimo Milan from a fellow lounger. I sent it back to Optimo for a little R&R. Yes, it's black. Since it hardly rains between May and October yet stays cool foggy here along the NorCal coast, I can wear it along with felts during those months.

IMG_2628_zps854e8dce.jpg

IMG_2627_zps83b2bc8d.jpg

IMG_2626_zps51ce5be5.jpg

Photo1-95_zps07659388.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
:cool2:g.durand,
Thank You for the detailed pics, That is a beautiful color straw & the real deal.
I have 3 of Arts VS milans & love em. Nice squishy feel to the straw & the different tones in color...
Yea good stuff from Optimo as well...
the modern factory stuff called Milan feel like hard hats & cant compare to Arts or Optimos Milans.

Love my vintage Milans as well...
Very cool youthful look you got there amigo.:cool:
che

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
g., they don't make milan like they used to, except for Optimo. Always wanted one but can't put out what they want for one. Luckily vintage milans are still reasonable if you can find em in nice shape. Nice to see you wearing it Che style :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace