Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan Mania

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
heres the pics of my new park royal milan
$_57 (1).JPG $_57 (2).jpg $_57 (3).jpg $_57 (4).jpg $_57 (5).jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Hard to tell by your pix size but I would guess that's a fairly modern milan tuco. It"s stamped "Genine Milan Weave" but my guess is that's literal in the sense of the weave, it's more likely hemp than milan. I wouldn't bet on my observation though.

tuco1963

One of the Regulars
thanks for the reply mike
the person i got it from said it was hemp . but its super stiff to the point it feels like plastic
ive tried steam and water to shape it but niether works any ideas?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
It must be modern then tuco and sounds like it's some kind of a synthetic. Hemp should respond to steam and water. No clue what to do to shape it. Good news is sounds like you can wear it in the rain. Can't do that with natural milan or hemp.

MikeU

Familiar Face
Hello ED, reading the messege , correct me if I'm wrong my milan boater I have from Art not that I'm going to wear it in the rain, so if it does get wet or poured on it may lose it's shape

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wait, so a hat called a boater is susceptible to the deleterious effects of water? Do I have that right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy