Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Got my first Outdoor Knitwear jumper, a Welbeck in Black. Great jumper and a nice tight fit. I’m interested to know if the wool is likely to pull, anyone got experience?

Regards

Garry

Welcome to the select club of WP enthusiasts. I have a Black Welbeck among my collection.
Having worn these sweaters for decades, I have not experienced a pilling problem with them.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
They seem to be having a sales blitz at the moment, this morning they sent an email all about their Nautical range of sweaters, Submariners etc.

Yes, I got that as well! But nothing yet about the 'WW2" Woolly Pully. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I already have a lot of commando sweaters/Woolly Pullies, some of which have accoutrements such as epaulettes or pen pockets, others not. The first ones I wore back in the 70s didn't have either of these features and I agree with you about liking this simplicity: I say this wearing an Army WP today without epps or pen pocket, just the shoulder and elbow patches.

OKW is apparently launching a WWII style WP/commando sweater shortly and I shall certainly order one of those.

I Found another website based in Wales, http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk, that is selling WWII Commando Sweaters, I suspect they may be replicas, but it does look good from the picture on their website!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
It’s actually been a good few days for Woolly Pullies: wore Army all day yesterday and it’s the turn of Royal Navy today. Absolutely perfect.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It’s actually been a good few days for Woolly Pullies: Absolutely perfect.

Mercurial Chicago spring has decidedly turned warmer, ending my light seasonal wear.
Left my flat amidst a chill dawn with the trench for expectant rain but later took it off on the train. Spring is here.

FerroNorway

New in Town
The winter still state it's presence here in Norway, so I have to admit I gladly wear one of my commando sweaters - almost on daily basis.

Attachments

• 50301231-cf5f-45ac-8997-911619ae4f69.jpg
    50301231-cf5f-45ac-8997-911619ae4f69.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 2,831

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Mercurial Chicago spring has decidedly turned warmer, ending my light seasonal wear.
Left my flat amidst a chill dawn with the trench for expectant rain but later took it off on the train. Spring is here.
Pfft, this is Chicago. What's Spring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner