Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
ACDE5A31-E21B-4AEE-8AA9-9968EA1AD6A5.jpeg

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I was sent a brochure from Motolegends, who have sold Sub Mariner Roll Necks along with the American sweaters as mentioned above in #997. They are now selling another type of WW11 military based Wool Sweater, the "Warnom" which appear to have been issued to all the UK services. They are Roll Neck and look very good. Go into www.motolegends.com then click on to Accessories , then Fleeces and Sweaters.

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
Edward Reed, where'd you get your round spectacles? Vintage? Had them for a while? I don't trust the quality of the wire when buying on ebay, and the perfectly round, metal, silver frames aren't all that common anymore. I used to buy Artcraft rounds, but they stopped selling them a while ago.
They are Vintage and I got them off Etsy. 1930's American Optical "Squires". (Bifocals... turned out they are really close to my own prescription so I can wear them. my eyes are screwed up anyway LOL!)
Its tricky when buying vintage as many have fine scratches from people having used paper napkins to clean the lenses which is abrasive. I have purchased vintage 1930s Willson sunglasses with luck... very minor micro chip or two but wearable. I have a set of 1940s aviators that aren't wearable due to foggy scratched lenses but display well on my WWII AAF mannequin head. so, try Etsy

IMG_2904.JPG

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Casual sweater safari last Saturday, saw several Icelandic fare, though an attractive type,
I'm searching for the Hemingway autograph sweater: WWII era Royal Navy roll neck submariner.
Second list choice is anything Celtic; preferably fisherman knit like a bargain Standun.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Casual sweater safari last Saturday, saw several Icelandic fare, though an attractive type,
I'm searching for the Hemingway autograph sweater: WWII era Royal Navy roll neck submariner.
Second list choice is anything Celtic; preferably fisherman knit like a bargain Standun.

Have a look at the above mentioned Motolegends or Out Door Knit Wear websites. They do have Royal Navy Submariner Roll Neck sweaters at fair prices. There is also a thread on this forum all about the Sub/RAF Roll Necks.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Have a look at the above mentioned Motolegends or Out Door Knit Wear websites. They do have Royal Navy Submariner Roll Neck sweaters at fair prices. There is also a thread on this forum all about the Sub/RAF Roll Necks.

Will do. The second-hand store search fantasy find is hard to let go...

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Happy - and Woolly - New Year to all on this thread!
Am enjoying wearing Navy WP: Army (olive green) tomorrow for the sake of variety. ...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While just looking at the Motolegends site I saw the A1 Engineer Jumper in Green but then noticed it's almost all sold out. Anyone have an idea where something similar might be found, or about the fit? I see there are a few left in small, which on their size chart reads 36-38. I'm roughly a 38, but I wouldn't want it too tight. It'd look great under a brown leather jacket.

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
While just looking at the Motolegends site I saw the A1 Engineer Jumper in Green but then noticed it's almost all sold out. Anyone have an idea where something similar might be found, or about the fit? I see there are a few left in small, which on their size chart reads 36-38. I'm roughly a 38, but I wouldn't want it too tight. It'd look great under a brown leather jacket.

I bought mine from Eastman Leather some years ago but Outdoor Knitwear also now do this excellent jumper.

s4rmark

One of the Regulars
I bought an Eastman A-1 sweater and went a size down as they are quite baggy. I normally take a 40 but went for a 38.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko