Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
There is a plum in my size on Amazon (which has indeed been picked-over, since the last time I looked). I also liked the tweedy brown they had as well as the Norwegian shawl collar - both sold out here, now.

Too bad they don’t do kids sizes. I bet my kids would wear them in winter.

I’m a little unclear about the ‘plum’. That could be the Purple Mix or the dark red. I have both of these. I don’t wear the Purple Mix all that often and I can’t make up my mind about how well it works! I also like the Peat Brown and have two of those!

The WP I wear most often these days is Navy although I also quite often wear Black, RAF or Dark Grey Mix (many people confuse that with Air Force although the colours are quite different). I don’t wear olive (Army) as often as I used to for some reason. It used to be my ‘go to’ WP.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have the dark grey one. Just be advised the patches could be a little darker than what they appear to be in the photo but still a unique color for a WP.

I shall look at the patches on mine as I hadn’t noticed that they were unusually dark. It is, as you say, a unique and really special colour for a WP and I greatly enjoy wearing it.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
There is a plum in my size on Amazon (which has indeed been picked-over, since the last time I looked). I also liked the tweedy brown they had as well as the Norwegian shawl collar - both sold out here, now.

Too bad they don’t do kids sizes. I bet my kids would wear them in winter.

I have a 2 Plum/Maroon WPs from OK, one is Vee Neck, the other is crew/round neck, as well as the usual Shoulder and elbow patches, they both have pen pocket and Epps.

I am wearing an Army WP at the moment.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have a 2 Plum/Maroon WPs from OK, one is Vee Neck, the other is crew/round neck, as well as the usual Shoulder and elbow patches, they both have pen pocket and Epps.

I am wearing an Army WP at the moment.
I am wearing a Dark Grey Mix WP, although it will come off as the day warms up.
I also have the Maroon: that was the word I was looking for yesterday when I wrote Dark Red! I suppose that must be the Plum that was mentioned by JustinW.
Do you have the Purple Mix and what do you think of it?

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Picked a Rothley Crew Neck in Derby Tweed and a Welbeck in Navy, should arrive this week.

Cheers

Turnip
Congratulations. Both are excellent choices. I wear a Navy Welbeck when I want a change from a WP with patches (also have a black one) and I have the Peat Brown Rothley with the patches in suede.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I am wearing a Dark Grey Mix WP, although it will come off as the day warms up.
I also have the Maroon: that was the word I was looking for yesterday when I wrote Dark Red! I suppose that must be the Plum that was mentioned by JustinW.
Do you have the Purple Mix and what do you think of it?
Yes I do have a Purple Mix Crew neck, which I like, rather an unusual colour.:)

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yes I do have a Purple Mix Crew neck, which I like, rather an unusual colour.:)

I have been thinking more about it and even tried it on again while working at home this afternoon. I have only previously worn it a couple of times. Yes, I do like it and it goes well with navy or grey chinos, cords or jeans.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sweaters arrived...:)

The Navy Welbeck smells a little „chemical“ so just threw them into the washing machine at first.

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider