Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

ItnStln

New in Town
This thread has been very quiet lately, although it is still very much Woolly Pully season in the Northern Hemisphere. I hope all you chaps are enjoying your WPs. I certainly am.
It was over 60°F here today so I didn't wear a WP. Actually I had to dig out a short sleeved polo to wear to work.

Peacoat

Bartender
I'm looking at a crew neck no patches WP on Outdoor Knitwear but, I'm unsure of sizing despite their chart. I have a 42 Brigade Quartermaster WP, but the WPs on Outdoor Knitwear are sized S M L, etc. I'm 6'4 and between 190-200lb. Any sizing advice? I did see some WP tags on eBay showing 36 (S), would this mean 42 = XL?

[/URL]

I'm not having good luck with this website. Placed an order on Jan. 9 and received notice that it shipped on Jan. 16. Nothing since then. I have sent them 3 messages over the last 2 weeks with no response.

Lack of communication causes me to lose faith in their ability to deliver. Will be filing a claim with PayPal this week.

Observe

One Too Many
I'm not having good luck with this website. Placed an order on Jan. 9 and received notice that it shipped on Jan. 16. Nothing since then. I have sent them 3 messages over the last 2 weeks with no response.

Lack of communication causes me to lose faith in their ability to deliver. Will be filing a claim with PayPal this week.
I never ordered after and it sounds like I dodged a bullet in doing so.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Winter of course always has its day, or rather brief moment. I believe this particular season is a blessing
for reduced heat cost overall, which is fine although I favor dark sky, bluster, and cold when outside.
I caught the submariners pix up top wearing RNs---that's the ticket, yet too bright sunny. !!!!

Peacoat

Bartender

Two hours after I posted this message, I was on my way to run some errands when I saw the DHL truck headed toward my house. I briefly wondered if my package was on board, and then quickly discounted the thought. When I got home, there the package was.

Excellent WP, as might be expected, and a good fit with a large. Plenty of winter left for the WP to keep me warm. This is my third one and my last. I now have two navy sweaters (one is a medium and now too small) and a sage. Both the sage and my new navy are large, and should last a long time.

I got this WP without the patches as it was the only style available in a navy and a large.

Guess I won't be filing a claim with PP now.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Two hours after I posted this message, I was on my way to run some errands when I saw the DHL truck headed toward my house. I briefly wondered if my package was on board, and then quickly discounted the thought. When I got home, there the package was.

Excellent WP, as might be expected, and a good fit with a large. Plenty of winter left for the WP to keep me warm. This is my third one and my last. I now have two navy sweaters (one is a medium and now too small) and a sage. Both the sage and my new navy are large, and should last a long time.

I got this WP without the patches as it was the only style available in a navy and a large.

Guess I won't be filing a claim with PP now.
Congratulations and by coincidence today I have been wearing … Navy without patches. I am very surprised that OKW are so short of stock however.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
@Peacoat : I just looked and there are 18 Navy WPs in Size L with patches and 5 with Patches and shoulder straps/epps.

Their website is a mess however. They keep changing it and each new version is worse - a bit like our current succession of Prime Ministers.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Back in early January, the only Navy WPs in large with patches had epaulets. So, I went without the patches, which is fine with me.
I have several of the Patchless WPs as well: they are like the early British WPs - not so the earliest from WWII but 1950s/early 1960s.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
The OD Commando without patches is analogous to a castrated eunuch 1917 Trench-neuter minus shoulder rifle pad, pistol pocket, epaulets, grenade clips, belt, back rain flap. 'Mike Hammer, PI' running allover Manhattan wearing a castrato slick Trench beneath a fedora however correctly bashed doesn't cut the mustard. A real Trench has some heft dammit, some muscle. And a commando doesn't pull any punches either. Snug like a bug in a rug.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Winter of course always has its day, or rather brief moment. I believe this particular season is a blessing
for reduced heat cost overall, which is fine although I favor dark sky, bluster, and cold when outside.
I caught the submariners pix up top wearing RNs---that's the ticket, yet too bright sunny. !!!!
Fox:
You’re a poet
Although you don’t know it …

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
The OD Commando without patches is analogous to a castrated eunuch 1917 Trench-neuter minus shoulder rifle pad, pistol pocket, epaulets, grenade clips, belt, back rain flap. 'Mike Hammer, PI' running allover Manhattan wearing a castrato slick Trench beneath a fedora however correctly bashed doesn't cut the mustard. A real Trench has some heft dammit, some muscle. And a commando doesn't pull any punches either. Snug like a bug in a rug.
Fox:
I usually wear WPs /Commandos with patches and overall I prefer them both for style and durability. However I also have a few of the Patchless variety and wear them from time to time.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Fox:
I usually wear WPs /Commandos with patches and overall I prefer them both for style and durability. However I also have a few of the Patchless variety and wear them from time to time.
Heretic! I am a traditionalist; adhere to belief that the original basic drawing suffices. And modifications which do
not necessarily detract from standard purpose, neither add any utility or value to garment. Epaulets, V-neck cut, and patches 'to be or not to be, that is the question' are indicative of non-martial mindset. Of course, the other coin side can be debated. All in good nature pub discourse whence running the block at Aldershot upon invite to mess, and
getting an earful on the topic by the regimental Sergeant Major.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points