Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Caught a Christmas chill so with my lass away visiting family it's my commando, moth eaten and ragged
off to bed last night snug as a bug in a rug and hot water bottle with a personal concoction: American Kentucky Evan Williams bluegrass bourbon mixed hot sliced peaches and syrup. Grog for the nod.
Did the trick.:)
Perfect. You make a cold sound almost enjoyable, Brer Fox.

Last edited:

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
It remains perfect WP weather and I have worn one every day this month!

I see that there is a big freeze in large areas of the US, including Tennessee.

Peacoat

Bartender
It remains perfect WP weather and I have worn one every day this month!

I see that there is a big freeze in large areas of the US, including Tennessee.
Yep, I have made good use of my WP over the past week. We are finally above freezing for the first time in more than a week. Most of the time has been in single digits and low double digits. Snow is melting and we saw some sun today. Things are looking up.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yep, I have made good use of my WP over the past week. We are finally above freezing for the first time in more than a week. Most of the time has been in single digits and low double digits. Snow is melting and we saw some sun today. Things are looking up.
This time of year can (underlined several times) be the best time of year in London and SE England when the days are crisp, bright and cold and there is a light frost overnight. The same is true of early spring and late autumn (Fall for you chaps).

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have also made good use of my WPs - over the past few weeks - and am continuing to do so!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
While my OD Commando will always be favoured utility wear, the Royal Navy roll is definitely a more adaptable
throw together item beneath Gloverall or Irvin shearling option. Added dash splash doesn't hurt either.;)
I wore my Royal Navy roll neck the other day as a change from WPs (aka Commandos). Also today my Navy Guernsey. Back to RN WP tomorrow I think.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I've been wearing mine quite a bit the past couple weeks.
We've had a lot of rain lately which means mostly just lounging in my recliner when I'm not at work and the commando sweater is perfect for this.
I still wear a flannel and vest a lot, but some days I know I'm not going anywhere and don't need a pocket for my wallet so I just go with the sweater instead of flannel and vest.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I've been wearing mine quite a bit the past couple weeks.
We've had a lot of rain lately which means mostly just lounging in my recliner when I'm not at work and the commando sweater is perfect for this.
I still wear a flannel and vest a lot, but some days I know I'm not going anywhere and don't need a pocket for my wallet so I just go with the sweater instead of flannel and vest.
A man after my own heart. … Congratulations on your prefect sartorial choice.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
IMG_2627.jpeg

A fine bunch of chaps.
Gurkha recruits, Nepal, 2023.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I was thinking this morning about how at Cambridge I couldn't wear an Irvin shearling because off my
admiration RAF valour, which made me self conscious since I hadn't the right to dare wear this; a Gloverall
sporting RN wood toggles even gave pause. After the paras I could don the Irvin and a white roll jumper,
but I so admire the Second War generation. Her Majesty was a World War II veteran having driven through
the Blitz with the ATS and Her passage, momentous; also closed chapter and verse History's chronicle of
the splendid Second War generation. The Gurhas pictured above smart in sweater topped by the beret really
struck hard. All more so in these perilous times.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I was thinking this morning about how at Cambridge I couldn't wear an Irvin shearling because off my
admiration RAF valour, which made me self conscious since I hadn't the right to dare wear this; a Gloverall
sporting RN wood toggles even gave pause. After the paras I could don the Irvin and a white roll jumper,
but I so admire the Second War generation. Her Majesty was a World War II veteran having driven through
the Blitz with the ATS and Her passage, momentous; also closed chapter and verse History's chronicle of
the splendid Second War generation. The Gurhas pictured above smart in sweater topped by the beret really
struck hard. All more so in these perilous times.
Were you a Cambridge man? I was at The Other Place.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
...there is no Other Place dear lad.:cool:

;););)
My place or yours, old chap?

One place is a real city; the other is an overpriced village in the Fens.

I am joking of course. Both of England’s great universities are excellent. Plus the London School of Economics and Imperial College for sciences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner