Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I too have the full range of Outdoor Knitwear Woolly Pullys - including the "Bond". My go to is the Army as well.

The one I wear most often is a MoD surplus Jersey Man's Heavy Olive Roundneck manufactured by Kempton. The former owner cut a small hole at the front inside neck and snaked around a black shoelace in the channel. As it ties on the inside there is no danger of it popping out and getting entangled in some machinery. Rather clever!
I, like you, have the full range except for the Bond which I intend to get next time I order from OKW. But I have the WW2 version, which has the string/shoelace.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have the navy and the Army (khaki, not olive green). I would keep the Army.
Is your khaki an old WP and is it British or US issue? My first WP when I was a mere schoolboy in the mid-70s was closer to khaki than olive, as were all British Army WPs at the time. Two years later I replaced it with an olive version, which had become the standard issue by then.

The Peat Brown WP, of which I have two, is as you mentioned recently quite close to the khaki in colour (or color, if you prefer).

Peacoat

Bartender
Is your khaki an old WP and is it British or US issue? My first WP when I was a mere schoolboy in the mid-70s was closer to khaki than olive, as were all British Army WPs at the time. Two years later I replaced it with an olive version, which had become the standard issue by then.

The Peat Brown WP, of which I have two, is as you mentioned recently quite close to the khaki in colour (or color, if you prefer).
My khaki is from Cabelas, 100% English virgin wool made in England. Don't get a WP better than that. The color is closer to sage, I think.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
My khaki is from Cabelas, 100% English virgin wool made in England. Don't get a WP better than that. The color is closer to sage, I think.
I didn’t realise they made a version of the WP. This explains the slight discrepancy in colour and the closeness to my Peat Brown WP.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I AM Not sure that I can really justify getting another at the moment. How about you?

( I am however wearing my Heather Mix Roll Neck WP) :D
I like the Heather Mix. I am considering a Rifle Green with epps and pen pocket. I have the Standard version at the moment. They have only recently reintroduced that colour.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I wore my navy blue Woolly Pully under my N-3B the other day when I was on my deck smoking my daily cigar. Temp was 36º, and I was pleasantly warm. It's 45 years old with a two small holes in the front, but is a warm sweater.
That sounds great. I went through a phase of smoking occasional cigars as a postgraduate student and I still love the aroma.

By coincidence I have been wearing my Navy Woolly Pully for the past couple of days.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I have my green jumper from the Paras but need a new look so thoughts lead toward naval/RAF white roll
with a decent black jumper. And it's time to have the two moths sewn.
I have a Royal Navy/ Sub Mariner / RAF White Roll Neck with is great and also a Similar Black Roll Neck, these can be obtained from Out Door Knit Wear in Leicester, I also have a Black NATO Pullover from the same company, they have an extensive range of Good Wool Pullovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff