Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller Bros. Ranch 101- apparently no association w/ the current Miller Hat of Dallas

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
but instead associated with a legendary Oklahoma ranch & Wild West Show! Miller Bros. 101 Ranch Hat

Previous posts:
millerpost.jpg

Then I got this today-
Miller1011.jpg

Miller1012.jpg

Miller101lining.jpg

Miller101sweat1.jpg

Eighteen X!?!?

Miller101sweat2.jpg

Now I DO dimly recall having seen "Ranch 101" & "Miller Bros" before & never really have taken note. According to wiki- "Miller Brothers 101 Ranch was a 110,000-acre cattle ranch in the Indian Territory of Oklahoma before statehood...as well as a "Wild West Show" that went under in the early 3o's"

Does anyone know anything more to add? It has been a number of years since this subject last surfaced... Anyone Oakies that know any backstory? Enquiring minds wanna know!

Last edited:
Reopening this old thread as I just found it. As a collector of ephemeral & other items I was told that many of the Wild West shows that came after the turn of the century licensed their names, sold souvenirs & did whatever they could to make a dollar or two. Miller Bros was no exception. I have a tall crown straw hat sold at the Ranch 101. They probably bought hats from catalog suppliers with their stamp on the sweat by the hundreds. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Even Frank James & Cole Younger licensed the use of their names together to a Wild West show late in their lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo