Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mineral Make-UP

Isis

One of the Regulars
I love mineral make-up! I find it both quicker and more natural looking than any other foundation I have used. My absolute favourite is Lucy Minerals, which I find sheer and very natural-looking while still covering very well.

http://www.lucyminerals.com/

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I love mineral make-up! I find it both quicker and more natural looking than any other foundation I have used. My absolute favourite is Lucy Minerals, which I find sheer and very natural-looking while still covering very well.

http://www.lucyminerals.com/

I am with Isis I like mineral foundation for most daily wear I tried tinted moisturizer but it didn't do as much covering as mineral foundation. I don't find it drying but I do tend to lean toward the oily side and i do put on moisturizer 1st.

crwritt

One Too Many
I have tons of little jars of mineral powders, many tiny sample bags as well. I rarely use foundation, but when I do I use some of my mineral powder makeup. There are no oils in it, so if I shake out what I need to use, it wont go bad. The only colors I've ever used up were the dark browns I use daily for brows and eyeliner.
I have lots since I used to follow some mineral makeup discussion groups, but I kind of veered away from them, they tended to get catty.
I suppose I should go through it, as I have so many little samples from small cottage sellers who are no longer in business.

Last edited:

Lenore

Practically Family
Wow... I could have sworn that I was subscribed to this thread... Guess not.

I use Meow Cosmetics. I adore their foundations and eye colors.

I usually have been using my foundation over my liquid (yes, I know.. kinda defeats the purpose) in order to get a matte matte look, but since being diagnosed celiac, I've been taking a look at all my products and weeding out those that might/do contain gluten. Sadly, I have to give up my love - The Present Primer from Philosophy - and my liquid foundation... Now I must find a way to get the desired coverage from MMU that I got from my Revlon ColorStay...

So.. to the point.. How many of you use a wet application in applying your MMU and how does the coverage compare to dry application?

Any tips and tricks to getting a liquid like look?

jenicamalaya

New in Town
Mineral make-up are made from pure crushed minerals and pure mineral make-up contain only 4 to 5 ingredient. Finishing powder, face colour, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner etc are the mineral make-up product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider