Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Day Nose Art

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thought some of you might enjoy this proof from my most recent shoot. The photographer is actually working on a series of these:

47b6db00b3127cce89e77df43c8000000026108AatmbRq2ctP

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Show us more!

Nose art retro looking pics, I mean. :)
As a practising nose artist, I have genuine interest in new pics that look like the 1940's pin ups.
Maybe I could immortalize you on the back of an A2 some day?

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:

As a practising nose artist, I have genuine interest in new pics that look like the 1940's pin ups.
Maybe I could immortalize you on the back of an A2 some day?

You and me both, Major. I've been wanting to paint pinups* ever since I first saw one a few years ago... problem is, of course, finding the *right* model.

(*Though not necessarily on an airplane's nose)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
That would be an honor, Major Danger :) I would be more than happy to model for either of you boys, since I know you both appreciate the era I love so much as well!

The picture I posted is of a B-25, I believe. It actually turned out to be a similar pose to this airplane, though we were going for fairly original looks:

9DNoseArt.jpg

Here are a few more rough proofs, though not yet on an airplane's nose or tail ;)

47b6db00b3127cce89e3eada7c7c00000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b6db00b3127cce89e3fb343c0200000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b6db00b3127cce89e3eace7c6800000015108AatmbRq2ctP

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll... Who is the photographer? Oh and congratulations on the win and sorry I didn't get to chat with you guys! :( I was frazzeled dazzeled and on top of that I forgot my shoes for the second act and had to run home with only 15 mins before my next act. :( You will be glad to know I was able to successfully exacute the backbend and tassel twirl this time around!! lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
You've got the look, Doll.

I especially like the first pic with the flower print outfit and hat. Great retro look, like it could be right out of the 40's. :)

If you have any specific ideas as to catchy slogans, or a particular pose you would prefer for a jacket with you on it, please let me know. otherwise I would probably use that first pic that I liked so well.

I just have to get some more jackets! :rolleyes:

For a sampling of some of the nose art by lounge members, here is a link to a recent thread on the subject that you may have missed.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=7041

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Tony!

Major, good choice on the outfit. I happened to wear it last night, and won a pinup contest at a local car show ;) Since the print is actually of strawberries (though it's a bit hard to tell because of the small pic), perhaps you could could call it "The Strawberry Blonde", or something like that? I just need to talk to the photographer to let him know, though I doubt he'll mind. I have also done a number of other WWII-themed pinup shoots, if you'd like to see any other poses.

I checked out the link as well--fabulous work, by you and the other lounge members. I'm very impressed!

Thanks, Lolita, and sorry we had to miss your second act. Glad to hear it went well :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Strawberry blonde,....

Yeah! I like it. And I would like to see more pics of course, but that one in particular catches my fancy. Do you have more posted at Myspace?

I have got to get me some more jackets! I have 4 or 5 ideas, but no jackets. :(
Time to hit ebay in earnest,.....maybe get lucky.
Glad you liked my work. :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I do have some more photos over on Myspace (with different themes), and I am going to change a few out soon (I have done several 1940s-style shoots in the last month.) I will have my own Web site in the next couple of weeks, too, so if you do end up painting a jacket, I would love to display a picture of it there as well :)

There are a couple of museums out here that have nice collections of A-2s--I always enjoy seeing the creativity of the artwork, and the catchy names they came up with :)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Cool.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your site when it's ready, and looking for a deal on a jacket or 2. :) And of course you may use pics of any jacket I might do with you on it for promotional purposes.
I wear mine as much as possible, and always carry a supply of business cards. ;)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a plan :)

I should send you a few of my cards as well, just in case you run across anyone looking for a real live WWII-style pinup girl ;) (hey, you never know--since I have traveled as far as Reading on occasion) And I'd be happy to pass out your cards as well!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Okay, it's a deal, doll.

jitterbugdoll said:
Sounds like a plan :)

I should send you a few of my cards as well, just in case you run across anyone looking for a real live WWII-style pinup girl ;) (hey, you never know--since I have traveled as far as Reading on occasion) And I'd be happy to pass out your cards as well!

You got mail. :)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You put the 'Doll' in Jitterbugdoll!

The nose art is a great idea, as is the jacket art, and the pics look great Jitterbugdoll. I guess there are a few 50's-style pin-up girls doing the rounds, in magazines like Barracude for example, and it's great to see a wartime-style pin-up gal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy