Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern retro Norfolk-esque blazer $5 BIN

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
this seller has 2 RRL belt back, pleated pocket jackets for sale. possibly as close as you'll get today off the peg to a 1930s spec jacket. but not cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWOT-Ralph-...SA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item4617cdc6ae

Wow, that looks spot on! Also worth noting, the company that makes those for RL, Caruso, is a first class Italian manufacturer of tailored men's wear, thus this isn't just some shoddy, disposable designer piece but rather a impeccably made garment.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i saw the above jacket (or one very similar) at RRL London and it was about £750, so it's quite a saving, if you can call it that. ;)
it was very lightweight; a spring - summer jacket.

the sleeve lining alone is impressively well reproduced, though it looks more like something you'd find in 30s-40s British rather than US jacket... not a criticism by any means.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Looks like someone just bought this one, which was less than the one you linked, and better suited to the vertically challenged . . . sometimes one just can't help ones self . . . thanks for the tip off, HBK!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It may just be the dummy causing it but the shoulders (the right particularly) look a bit wonky.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Maybe it's just me, but such a low button stance always screams 1950s to me. I seem to recall Marc Chevalier saying that Ralph Lauren used to make quite flawless 1930s copies in the late eighties or nineties.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I get what you mean about the placement of the bottom button relative to the top of the pockets . But if you look at illustrations by Laurence Fellows and his contemporaries there seems like there was always a bit of play in button stance. Some of the other current RRL 30s-esque sport coats, like this one, sometimes do have a higher button.

MC was right about RL making spot on 30s style suits in the late '80s and early '90s. Check this one out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic