Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern sources for Plus Fours

Zach R.

Practically Family
Does anyone know who makes plus fours/knickerbockers today for reasonable prices? I've seen some from T Barry and other golf knicker manufacturers, but they aren't quite what I am looking for, I want some that are less...flamboyant.

yachtsilverswan

Familiar Face
Hey Zach - GolfKnicker.com has Plus Fours in conservative charcoal gray in a cotton/linen blend. Try http://www.golfknicker.com/pargolknic.html

Good luck at Chapel Hill, my alma mater.

I'm a Tarheel Born and a Tarheel Bred; and when I die I'm a Tarheel Dead. So it's Rah Rah Carolina-lina. Rah Rah Carolina-lina. Rah Rah Carolina. Go to Hell State.

Salv

One Too Many
Have you seen the cotton/linen mix plus fours for $140.00 from ReVamp?

Apart from those there are, as Matt says, a few companies in the UK. These all appear to ship internationally:

Stamford Clothiers have plus twos in tweeds, tartans and needlecord, starting at £49.95;

Scotch Corner have plus fours in various Harris tweeds;

Spencers have plus twos and plus fours in a huge range of cloths: tweeds, wools, corduroys, moleskins starting at £95.00

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
Did you say "less flamboyant"??? It would think wearing knickerbockers period would blow the flamboy-meter. Although if you're Chapel Hill noone will notice, that whole town is off the flamboy-meter.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Well, I meant in more conservative colors/patterns rather than tartans, but I understand what you are saying.:p

Thanks for all the help, guys. I think the only ones that I can allow myself to be within my budget are the ones from golfknickers.com, so I may give them a try unless there is a more affordable option.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Converting pants to knickers

Intresting topic, is there anyone who has more instructions on how to convert pants? I was thinking of doing it myself.

Marc Chevalier said:
You can convert them if the trousers are very baggy in the thigh and shin areas. Otherwise, no.
Thanks for this tip!

Im concidering how to close them in the legs. By taking some of the cutaway-texitile and make straps/buckles of them. stretchbands doesnt cut it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo