Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern Whippet...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Could somebody post--or point me to a thread--a picture of the sweatband and liner of the modern stetson whippet. Thanks very much!

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Griff said:
I'll try to in the next day or so. The liner is white satin and the sweatband is brown leather.
Really? My sweatband is black and probably not actual leather...

I don't have the hat in front of me, but as I recall, "Whippet" isn't written on the sweatband, but it is on the sticker with the barcode underneath.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
boushi_mania said:
Really? My sweatband is black and probably not actual leather...

I don't have the hat in front of me, but as I recall, "Whippet" isn't written on the sweatband, but it is on the sticker with the barcode underneath.

Not actual leather!:eek: really?
DId you buy it from Bencraft? could you post pictures?

Besdor are you around, for details?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I thought someone posted pics of a new Whippet a couple months ago. I can't find them now either. Hopefully, someone will comply.

More generally, I wish that sellers of new production hats would provide pictures of the insides as well.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano, these hats aren't mine. I found the images trolling online. I'll bet most new Whippets look very much like this. ;)

stetson.jpg

newstetson2.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
More eye candy

Here's the interior of the Brewster I reviewed a while back - it has a nice eggplant-purple liner and a comfortable brown fabric sweatband:

Brewster015.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano said:
Thanks, Zetwal. Not too terrible I have to say.
Interior wise my Chatham is the same, so I can comment on this too. The lining no longer looks as smooth after being worn. It has become wrinkled in parts and short of removing it and ironing it I can't think of a solution to this. Also, the sweat band looks nice but does not feel it. While I'm fairly sure it's real leather it feels similar to plastic and is one of the most uncomfortable things to wear on your head in warm weather. My Akubra Federation has a much nicer sweatband by comparison.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
avedwards said:
Interior wise my Chatham is the same, so I can comment on this too. The lining no longer looks as smooth after being worn. It has become wrinkled in parts and short of removing it and ironing it I can't think of a solution to this.

Is the liner sewn in or glued?

HATCO

Vendor
Black hat gets black liner and black sweatband

Tawny (brown) hat gets brown liner and brown sweatband.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda