Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modified Akubra Banjo Paterson

Fedster

Familiar Face
Hi All,

I have one hat, and Akubra Banjo Paterson. I like the quality of the felt and the sweatband, but did not like the fedoraish shape, nor the hatband, so I changed them to a somewhat cattleman (without a massive brim) + a hand braided band. I also removed the plastic from the liner, and I was wondering where I could get new liners when the original one is done for.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fedster/14971160084/

PS assuming I can figure how to attach the image I will so you do not need to site skip.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I admire your creativity but I found it easier to take a Cattleman, pull the hatband off and cut back the brim. Took a few minutes and I never looked back. I've never owned a Cattleman without making some changes.

Last edited:

Fedster

Familiar Face
Thanks to all for the compliments. @ Seb, I choose a Banjo because I hoped (and hope) that the higher quality felt and sweatband would give a longer life and greater comfort. Admittedly I had not had any chance to handle any other hat so I might just be a sucker for advertisement! Cutting a brim is something I might consider if I had at least a second hat I could still use if things go horribly wrong, as I said, this is my only hat! @gtdean48, thanks for the link!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR