Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monte Cristo anyone?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
My all time favorite sandwich.

I am honor bound to order them -whenever- they actually appear on a menu, because thats how they will -stay- on the few menus they are left on.

D. founder of the Save the Monte Cristo foundation. :D

Rachael

A-List Customer
We've been talking for a while about taking a vacation on the Coast Starlight, which would of course include several nights in the Bay Area. When we do, it sounds like we'll be stopping at Mel's for a bite.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions; sounds like one could tour the States and write a comparison of the variations.

The whole idea of a Monte Cristo just amazes me. The miracles of American ingenuity.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I have a lead for you: When I lived in Portland, there was a diner right across the river in Vancouver called Elmer's Steak and Pancake house. If I 'member correctly, they had a very good Monte Cristo. But, I must warn you, this was 14 years back! So, take it with that in mind. Good luck!

Oh, if you're EVER in the North Hollywood area, Sitton's NoHo Diner makes a KILLER Monte Cristo - big, thick ham, etc.! Best I ever had!

Rachael

A-List Customer
thank you thank you! I just called Elmers and they said that while the Monte Cristo is not on the menu any longer they would be happy to fill a special request!

So that settles my brunch plans for sunday.

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
This is sort of :eek:fftopic: I don’t know anything about the sandwich (it seemed very north American to me lol ). But this tread did inspire me to go out and buy the Alexandre Dumas novel “The Count of Monte Cristo”. I’m enjoying it very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran