Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi Elegante' by Art Fawcett...

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Just as I think I have enough hats, something like this comes along and I starting thinking again. It really is an amazing hat.

Have enough hats lol Enough hats lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

You may only have one head, but there will never be "enough hats."

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Not at all a negative comment - it's very neat - but is that straw green?? It's got a different cast about it, doesn't it? I'm thinking just the lighting (or shadow).

What say ye, Roger? Art? I say, "Bravo." Just curious about the color.

Cab

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I think that the third picture shows the true color the best.

Maybe Roger's hat is just green with envy since he didn't name it a H Wonder or a Million and One X or something.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Modern ribbon...

Hemingway Jones said:
Not fair, I speak to you on the telephone for two hours and you're totally holding out on me!

A Panama with a bound brim; I've never seen that and I like the way it looks. Actually, I have seen a Panama with a bound brim, just not on a fedora; Daisy has one, but it's a different type of hat.

I love the strip on the center of the ribbon and I love that color ribbon. What color would you call it?

I have a suggestion for all future Panama Hat orders, go with something other than a black ribbon. Yes, black is classic, but many vintage Panamas had more interesting ribbons.

Excellent Hat!

The ribbon color is Silver Belly...This is a very nice modern ribbon and unlike one hatter that calls all his ribbons vintage, Art Fawcett is a very honest guy...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Cabinetman said:
Not at all a negative comment - it's very neat - but is that straw green?? It's got a different cast about it, doesn't it? I'm thinking just the lighting (or shadow).

What say ye, Roger? Art? I say, "Bravo." Just curious about the color.

Cab

Sorry about that... I took the pictures without a flash but our patio has alot of green on it and I guess thats why. The color is the light tan that all Montecristi come in.:)

SheikhDaoud

New in Town
Nice is an understatement

How many wpsi's is the one you're modeling here? It's great.

I absolutely love Panamas. Because I spend a lot of time in high ultraviolet destinations (Bolivia, Middle East), they are more or less necessary for me with my pale German skin...but, hell, I just think they are the sharpest looking hats around, and best of all you can wear them with anything (although I have worn a felt fedora with khakis, even shorts, before). I am going to buy one in Ecuador when I get there in a couple of weeks and will also send it to Art for blocking and finishing.

Any views out there on a ribbon color? I love the classic black, but I am open to anything sharp and distinctive.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
nope...this is NOT a guy's ony forum and we encourage the ladies to look and posts thier comments about our headwear and we also encourage, you ladies, to post YOUR hats in here...

Quit hiding them in the Ladies Room.

Your presence is welcomed !!!! I am sure the other guys would agree....:D

mark the shoeshine boy

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I hope this helps you...

SheikhDaoud said:
How many wpsi's is the one you're modeling here? It's great.

I absolutely love Panamas. Because I spend a lot of time in high ultraviolet destinations (Bolivia, Middle East), they are more or less necessary for me with my pale German skin...but, hell, I just think they are the sharpest looking hats around, and best of all you can wear them with anything (although I have worn a felt fedora with khakis, even shorts, before). I am going to buy one in Ecuador when I get there in a couple of weeks and will also send it to Art for blocking and finishing.

Any views out there on a ribbon color? I love the classic black, but I am open to anything sharp and distinctive.

The weave count on this hat is around 500. The ribbon color is called Silverbelly. I agree Montecristi Panama hats are just great hats...:eusa_clap

MVC-058F.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a great hat, and you wear it well! The bound brim is cool. Wow, you gents all have so great taste, I wish more men would place a lid on there heads more often. A return to class would be such a breath of fresh air. I also really like the hat box that you have pictured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy