Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonbeam 1950's Repro Clocks – Check your Big Lots!

Feraud

Bartender
Got mine!
DSC05516.jpg

Thank you, you know who. :)

Sunny

One Too Many
skyvue said:
I got my yellow Twilight in yesterday's mail (thanks, Sunny!), and like it a lot. I'm going to use it at the office. (I already have an original Moonbeam at home.)
You're welcome! Glad it arrived safely.

Smuterella

One Too Many
okies - I'm having some problems with my moonbeam, the alarm seems to ring when it wants, not when I've set it. Its a beautiful thing in any case and I adore it but does anyone else have problems.

edit - I think I just need to set it about 20 minutes early. my gosh, a night in spent playing with an alarm clock. my life is so exciting!

*grin*

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
okies - I'm having some problems with my moonbeam, the alarm seems to ring when it wants, not when I've set it. Its a beautiful thing in any case and I adore it but does anyone else have problems.

edit - I think I just need to set it about 20 minutes early. my gosh, a night in spent playing with an alarm clock. my life is so exciting!

*grin*
Aha! Me too! I thought it was just that I had no idea what I was doing.
Which, of course, may still be the case...lol
However, when I got mine, it had a yellow band around the wrapping with a glaring warning to make sure you only turn the setting dials the way they're supposed to be turned. Perhaps if you go the other way, it affects the performance of the clock.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I think that the directions say that the light goes off 5 mins before the time that the alarm is set. The bell/buzzer should sound at the set time.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lefty said:
I think that the directions say that the light goes off 5 mins before the time that the alarm is set. The bell/buzzer should sound at the set time.

mine doesn't do that - the light goes off before the buzzer alright but if i want it to go off at 7am i have to set it for about 6:40am, the light that starts at 6:55 and the buzzer at 7!

Still, i love it!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I stopped by another Big Lots yesterday and found a blue Moonbeam, which I grabbed. They also had some of the gigantic double bell alarm clocks, which I didn't grab. Still wish I could find one of those radios.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lefty said:

Um, there's a buzzer? Mine is inaccurate and silent. But pretty - I just won't use to to wake up! It was the only blue one at the BL and I'll keep it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Short Clara and Smuterella, I had problems with mine when I tested the alarm as well. The first time I tested it, it went off about 10 minutes late. Every time since then, it's been fine. Maybe tinker with it a little more?

Also, Clara, did you turn off the clock when it started blinking or did you let it run? It blinks for about 4 or 5 minutes before the bell rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot