Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More makeovers, step by step process

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Traditional hatter's tools

Those pink and green plastic ties are traditional hatter's tools, yes? Or are you just too lazy to find sinew or raw hide? :deadhorse

Your ingenuity is not lost on me A.J.!

thornev

New in Town
Al - I just bought a vintage fedora that is a 7 1/8 and I want it to be 7 3/8. How did you remove and put back the leather sweatband? Mine is sewn in and I have no experience at sewing leather. The fedora is a Dobbs from the 50's. Thanks for the great step by step. thorne

thornev

New in Town
Yeah, Scotty, that makes sense and it's not something I want to happen. Brim is only 2" already. I like the hat so much that for now (until I start getting headaches) I'm willing to wear it to see if I can stretch it that way. =:-O thorne

Jabos

A-List Customer
thornev said:
Al - I just bought a vintage fedora that is a 7 1/8 and I want it to be 7 3/8. How did you remove and put back the leather sweatband? Mine is sewn in and I have no experience at sewing leather. The fedora is a Dobbs from the 50's. Thanks for the great step by step. thorne
Great job!!!!! I too am curious how you handled the sweatband. I was with you until I saw your ribbon work, which I doubt I could do, but then the sweat would totally scare me away.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
This shows how hearty and high quality felts of the past were, that they can return from the edge of age and wear to be beautiful again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou