Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More makeovers, step by step process

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
Yesterday I visited a vintage store and I found this hat the material is fur felt genuine velour. it was size 7.

The condition was really ugly

oldhat.jpg

So I reblocoked to my size 7 3/8 and I did the makeover.

newhat.jpg

I decided to make the same bow but smaller no too wide.

detail2.jpg

Some dry bashes, so easy to make with this felt.

bashes.jpg

Next makeover: a Homburg 7 1/8 trasformed to a Bowler 7 3/8.

Here is a pictorial sequences of waht I did... a please forgive me if I did something wrong. I know that they are master hatters in the FL, that will do different or use the correct technique. I'm new to hats And completly ignorant in the hats business or restoration.

After I removed headband, lining, sweatband etc...

proces.jpg

Enjoy your hats!!

MCrider

A-List Customer
Is that the same hat?

All I can say is WOW! When I saw that lump in the first pictures I thought; well maybe something passable could be made from it. Not necessarily something you want to wear in public, but maybe a 'work around the house' kinda hat. Boy was I wrong! All I can say is that lump has been transformed into one fine hat. Congrats sir!

ryang

New in Town
That was amazing!:eusa_clap I had no idea one could so totally refurbish a fur felt hat. It looks great now. Thanks for posting.

MattJH

One Too Many
How did you make the felt look so good after it looked so bad? What did you actually do? Really, really impressive.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Excellent work

Thanks so much for the extra pics. I for one appreciate the step-by-step pictorial and the extra time you put in to take them and share.

You did a great job and the hat turned out gorgeous.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany