Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More Summer Sports Jackets! Seersucker, Linen, and Silk-Linen. c.38 - 42.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I have several more summer jackets to pass on today--this is just the first batch!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) SUMMER CLASSIC--A SEERSUCKER JACKET!

Perfect for summer, a seersucker jacket should be a staple in every tradly American wardrobe--and this one's a beauty!

Made for A.H. Mathews, of Lambertville, New Jersey--a sleepy old-money small town on the banks of the Delaware, packed with art galleries and antique stores--this beautiful jacket is cut as a contemporary two-button jacket with subtle darts. The seersucker fabric is a classic light blue and cream, and the jacket features two flapped patch pockets, perfect for the slightly informal fabric. It appears to be half-canvassed, and features a single centre vent and three button cuffs. It's in absolutely excellent condition-indeed, the inspector's label is still basted into one of the pockets! This jacket appears to have been bought yesterday.... although since A.F. Mathews closed in 2000 that would be impossible, absent a time machine and some suspect metaphysical claims about the nature of time! It was, of course, Union Made in the USA, and is ready to give you years of excellent service throughout many summers to come!

Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA! Please PM with interest and offers.

Tagged 40S; closer to a 38S.

Measurements:

Chest: 19 3/4
Sleeve: 25 (+ 1 1/2)
Shoulder: 17
Length: 29

2) Smith's of Bermuda Summer Jacket, likely linen and silk!

Founded in 1962, Smith's of Bermuda was most definitely a British company, catering primarily to British and American tourists, as well as the local ex-pat population. With its headquarters in Hertfordshire, UK, it specialized in traditional British and Empire clothing and accessories, like its main rival, Trimingham's.

Now long gone, having closed its doors in 2002, Smith's name lives on... as an upscale woman's store in Maclean, Va., which has precisely nothing to do with the original British-owned Smith's, and which is no doubt capitalizing on memories of its illustrious predecessor.

This jacket is from the *correct* Smith's! Cut as a contemporary two-button front jacket with subtle darts, this is a lovely cream summer jacket cut from cloth that's almost certainly a silk-linen blend. It features two lower patch pockets, three button cuffs, and no vent, in Flusser-approved style. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and, unusualy for Smith's, is USA Made in the USA.

It is in absolutely excellent condition, and a steal at just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA!

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 23 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/8
Length: 29

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
3) CLASSIC LINEN JACKET--from Simpson's of Piccadilly!

I've outlined the storied history of Simpson's on my Facebook page, WaterhollowTweed--so this is a chance to secure a lovely piece of wearable history!

Cut from a wonderfully soft and clearly expensive linen (like all cloth, there are gradations of quality in linen, and this is at the high end) this lovely jacket is a contemporary two button model with darting. Featuring a double vent--as you'd expect from a jacket from Simpson's--this is a classic light taupe linen making it extremely versatile and suitable for almost all occasions. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and features four-button finished English cuffs. The buttons are all Simpson's signature buttons, with the DAKS logo. (DAKS was the original clothier company that led to the founding of the retail store Simpson's.) This jacket was made in South Africa--appropriately enough, given that this sis a linen jacket for hot weather, and retailed by a British company with strong Empire connections! Apart from some minor sagging on the edges of the left-hand interior pocket this is in excellent condition.

Asking just $40, or offer, for this lovely piece of sartorial history!

Measurements:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 27 (+2)
Shoulder: 19 1/8
Length: 32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran