Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most Accurate WWII Battle Video Game?

tater

New in Town
You might consider Battleground Europe: World War II Online. http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

While the graphics are not as good as the shoebox games, the ww2ol world is huge, and large battles are fought (infantry, armor, and air (naval side is weak)) exclusively by people. When it's good, it's very good. Absolutely worth a try, and there are periodic free trials.

I'm also a big Il-2 fan.

If you like submarines, try Silent Hunter 4. Get the full version with the u-boat add-on, then head to subsim.com and get modded to play it properly.

Last edited:

Bingo

New in Town
Brothers in Arms hell's highway is very good.
There are squad missions as well as single ones. All terrain was created from ww2 recon photos and maps. It also has a good on going (this is the third in the series) story/atmosphere and squad members have there own personality attributes.

The Mighty Eighth is one of my favorites. I love the B17 (my fav plane) and this is a great game to play. Real cheap to buy too, as it's an old game.

But. I have to agree that Sturmovik IL2 is the business. Amazing game play and graphics. There's an xbox version as well, but the PC is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen