Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aerial Star A2, Incredible Steerhide, Great Cut, I Love It!

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
What about just ordering the jacket. Chris is a good bloke and I am sure if it didn't please, you could return it. Plus you probably would n't have to fork out any cash for it at the outset, just the postage. The only way to really know is to try it on.
If it fits great, it may be worth spending to have the arms shortened, perhaps they are fine...
I have also vacillated for ages over one of these, but went for it based on Chris' no-quibble guarantees. I am in NZ and should receive mine in hours or days... Will let you know.

I'm just seeing if he can mix a 44 tall arms with a 44 regular body. If he can't, I'll go for a 44 tall (with a spare 44 regular zip) and shorten the body to my desired length.

Which Aerial Star jacket did you get Brettafett? I can't wait to hear how you like it.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
DD let me be devil's advocate one more time. If one looks carefully at an A-2, changing out a zipper would be the least problem in shortening the body length. Keep in mind the position of the lower pockets and the knits. Shortening an A-2 by even one inch would completely change the overall appearance and is not something that I would do. If Aerial Star is unwilling to give you a 44 tall arms with a 44 regular body, it would be better for you to go with an Aero Happy Days in either MWHH, goatskin, or mid-weight steerhide and then stipulate exactly what you want for the sleeve and body lengths. I still think that an Aerial Star 44T would work fine for you though. :D

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars
DD let me be devil's advocate one more time. If one looks carefully at an A-2, changing out a zipper would be the least problem in shortening the body length. Keep in mind the position of the lower pockets and the knits. Shortening an A-2 by even one inch would completely change the overall appearance and is not something that I would do. If Aerial Star is unwilling to give you a 44 tall arms with a 44 regular body, it would be better for you to go with an Aero Happy Days in either MWHH, goatskin, or mid-weight steerhide and then stipulate exactly what you want for the sleeve and body lengths. I still think that an Aerial Star 44T would work fine for you though. :D

Yeah DD, I wouldn't mess with the body. Sleeves, if you have too.

I can see that messing with the body length on a traditional military-styled A-2 would change the appearance significantly, but on the A-2 with Slash Pockets, I don't think it will be a problem (although I understand I'm no tailor). I think that the slash pockets are sitting a little high anyways.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I see your point but would still be reluctant to alter the body length of a brand new coat.

thor

One Too Many
I see your point but would still be reluctant to alter the body length of a brand new coat.

+1
Order the Aerial Star in 44Long. If the sleeves fit but you feel the body is too long, send it back for a refund and go with the Aero Happy Days for complete custom sizing.

Dagenham Dave

One of the Regulars

+1
Order the Aerial Star in 44Long. If the sleeves fit but you feel the body is too long, send it back for a refund and go with the Aero Happy Days for complete custom sizing.

^^^^^ This.

DD we are all trying to save you from yourself. Trying real hard. :D

Save yourself, DD!!!! Save yourself..........!!!

Thanks guys! :D

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so it's ok.

I know I can be painful sometimes in that I go round and round. To be honest, I enjoy the research and planning of buying a repro 50s jacket as much (maybe more) as the purchase and owning of the jacket. And I have really enjoyed communicating with all you guys on the subject.

I will think on it a bit more over Xmas.

And there is always Alexander Leathers to try also!!! :eek:

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Cheers,
DD

Brettafett

One Too Many
Just received mine. Very niiicceeee. Don't see slightly longer arms being a problem.
Will write up a review and pics soon.

Ian C

New in Town
Still can't say enough good things about mine. Getting better by the day. I will post some more 'worn' photos when it brightens up a bit.

IMG_9432.jpg

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/bowyr/slideshow/Arial Star A2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21