Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most hats in one year

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
So said:
Will let ya in on a secret, you ARE obsessed :) Collecting hats IS an obsession :) Really all we need is a daily work hat, one felt for winter and a straw for summer with maybe another felt for dress ! Keep it up your'e on your way to becoming like the rest of us ... OBSESSED :)

job

One Too Many
I should end the year with 9 hats. 6 new and 3 custom. All full retail price. I don't even want to add up how much the total cost is. I have to start using e-bay to save money. I know a lot of you have really nice hats and didn't pay a lot for them.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
I'm at 87 for myself and around 300 for my new store opening in the spring

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
With a collection of about 100 hats.....and that is not current. I gave 1 away, then another, and last month I gave a straw and two felts to a friend.
Still...I have 80. 1930's Boater, two top hats (one a Christy's), some fine Silver Beaver McLauchlan, about 15 Optimo felts..and another 5 Optimo straws (two are SUPER FINO's)...and the rest are about 10 Art Fawcett..and remainder are TRUE VINTAGE Stetson, Dobbs, Cav's , ....fine fine hats you cannot find on Ebay.

So..how many in a year..none this year, last, or the year before.

I have been here since 2003.....so I got a big jump on vintage hats when they were available.

As a result...I don't need to buy anything..at least until Art comes out with some super color!

DNO

One Too Many
This has been my first year of retirement and I've been actively searching out vintage hats. I've managed to find 15 so far this year including two Borsalinos, a Sammy Taft custom beaver, a Bates Burlington and a Stetson 3X beaver. I found them all in either thrift stores, rummage sales or contents sales. Total cost: $62. I've been lucky. At least my wife doesn't complain about the cost...just the storage!

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
I wanted to bump this thread since there are many newer folks posting lately.

I have slowed down a lot. So far this year.

Porits Brothers of unknown age.
Boater of unknown age.
Akubra Capricorn.
Panama for my son.
Matching Linen newsboy caps for my son and I.

What have y'all been up to?

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
So far, this year I have aquired:

1900s Lenox Derby
1920s Stetson Excellent Quality
Stetson 4x Beaver
Stetson Boater dated 1929 (on it's way)
1920s Stetson Excellent Quality Expo Medal
1930s Penn-Craft
1930s Stetson Special homburg
1940s Stetson (model Unknown)
1920s Trade One
1920s(?) Straw
1920s or earlier Stetson Select that was owned by Tom Hughes
Pre-WWI Peschel Velour

Edward

Bartender
Uhm.... When I started wearing hats daily, about six or seven years ago, I owned maybe five. I now own about three dozen. Around a third of those are fedoras and the likes... I'd average that at five or six a year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot