Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most hats in one year

job

One Too Many
I bought 5 straw hats and 3 felt hats this year and I have a custom on order. I could not see myself buying that number of hats again in one year. I may buy 2 or 3 at most a year from here on out. What is the most hats that you have bought in a years time.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I have absolutely no idea. I do know that I've bought more hats in a week or less than you have in a year, job! :D

Can you say "Obsession?" :eeek:

Cheers,
Tom

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I first joined last year, after months of lurking, the Australian dollar was still down. Over the months I acquired 6 Akubras:

-Akubra Sydney/Fedora
-Akubra Federation IV
-Akubra Camp Draft x2
-Akubra Squatter
-Akubra Lightning Ridge

So far this year, I've only bought two hats, a fedora and a western, both from Buckaroo Hatters, and one newsboy cap from Hat People. All at the beginning of January. By some miraculous intervention I have somehow not yet purchased anything since then.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Lets just put it this way, Ive bought about 8-9 just this month alone. I dont always keep all of them, but anything pre-1940 goes right into the permanent collection. The hats have taken over my house......

StrawPorkpie

New in Town
Thanks to some of TFL members, I've become an Akubra aficionado ... 6 is my number, but everytime I read their comments the "seed" is planted to acquire "just one more" hat. This is my very first response to a thread, but I must sincerely thank all of you who share your expertise, insight and humor with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21