Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycle Jackets and a Fedora?

theinterchange

One Too Many
Vic said:
BTTFII
marty_danceii1.jpg

marty_trapped1my.jpg

Sorry, that's a funny reference point, Back to the Future. ;) Marty does look good in the combination regardless.

Randy

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
150719541 said:
2194503260106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Just I found this thread and my wife take me a picture this morning, rememberin times. ¡¡¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hey, that's a sharp look - jeans, moto jacket and matching hat. :eusa_clap

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
erikb02809 said:
When it's not summer, my Brando-style Vanson Thunderbird and Adventurebilt Fedora are pretty much my every-day outerwear uniform. You can definitely pull that look off, no problem.

I own a couple of Cafe Racer jackets (an Icon Retro Daytona - tons of patches-, and a Wilson's, dark brown with white racing stripes), and I think those are a bit harder to pull off with a fedora. At least, looking in the mirror, something doesn't look right when I'm wearing that combo. The Cafe Racer style seems more modern, and just kinda clashes style-wise with a fedora. A wide-brimmed one anyways. I think a stingy brim might work okay though.

I have one of those Icon retros in yellow/blackand I love it with any of fedoras. I have a few pics of me in it with my Fed IV and I think it looks great. Im not on my home computer so I'll have to post one later.

I also wear my fedoras with my black cafe racer jacket. It has two horizontal pinstripes across the chest about 4 inches apart. Also looks great together.

Of course, brown fedoras look great with brown leather jackets. I'll post one of me in my IJ jacket (bought used - brand unknown).

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Any grey or tan will do

how about a silver belly?

don't get me started on baby blue

r1200-gs-adventure-6rc.jpg

By 'motorcycle jacket' I naturally assumed we meant 'leather.' Yes, cordura nylon motorcycle jackets are motorcycle jackets, but style-wise, they are not in the same realm as leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR