Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Characters You Fear You'll Become

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Have you ever seen a film and identify with one of the characters for all the "wrong" reasons? I was enjoying the 2009 Woody Allen opus, Whatever Works but winced at the possibility that my current "track" may well lead me to Boris Yellnikoff territory. I haven't had that jarring realization since seeing Max Von Sydow's character Frederick ranting about society in Hannah and Her Sisters.

Recently, I fear that unless I defeat the forces of ennui, I'll end up looking and behaving like François Berléand in La fille coupée en deux:

BerleandAlone-1.jpg

So what about the rest of you? Don't be afraid...embrace the fear!

Edward

Bartender
Steve Buscemi in a lot of stuff. Bogart as Rick Blaine in Casablanca - the cynical, world-weary character he is at the beginning (though in truth I see that as something to which to aspire).

Flicka

One Too Many
When I saw Pride & Prejudice with some friends, I had the horrible feeling of seeing myself when Kitty and Lydia make fools of themselves by drunken giggling and flirting. I leaned towards my friend and whispered: "That's not us is it?" at the very same moment as my other friend whispered: "OMG, that is SO you two!" :eeek:

But I identified rather painfully with Jane Austen in Miss Austen Regrets. More than a fleeting similarity, actually.

Last edited:

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Man, that is fantastic! And I mean that in as non-sarcastic a way as possible. That's too much!

Thank you for "embracing the fear"!
------

"Come on, read my future for me."
"You haven't got any."
"Hmm? What do you mean?"
"Your future's all used up."

This is just too scarey to talk about:

Touch_of_Evil-Orson_Welles.jpg

MeandBernielookingbad.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
William Powell's character from High Pressure; a man with good ideas that needs to be found once in a while and cleaned up.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I don't consider myself a particularly greedy or rude person (of course I'm wrong some of the time, it's a part of human nature to commit ill will against others), but I hope I don't ever end up like Fred C. Dobbs did in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre; pursuing some sort of fortune or goal in life, only to suffer dire consequences and lose something (or my life) of great value because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner