Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

RBH

Bartender
I liked it.
The Buster Scruggs episode was a hoot. The President Pierce episode was profound.
While in Santa Fe this past June, Randy Rodriguez, of the Rio Bravo Trading Company told us the Coens got some hats from him for the film. I don't know which hats but the movie is full of cools ones.

A clip on the Rio Bravo Trading Company.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I watched this movie Hoodlum on Amazon Prime last week and was impressed with the incredible parade of fine hats.

i-TqqpCqn-L.jpg

i-LR5MPSW-S.jpg
i-9zZsh7F-S.jpg

i-4Ktr6bM-S.jpg
i-SbdXFRD-S.jpg

i-ckXndhM-S.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm a Coen Bros. fan from way back... but I didn't like Buster Scruggs. A couple of the stories are good, but I was really mystified afterwards wondering just what we're supposed to take away from this flick. Another case of the Coens expertly revisiting old Hollywood genre conventions and torturing their lead characters, brilliantly done as always, but even more scattershot and diffuse than their last couple of (already scattershot and diffuse) films.

However, all the hats are indeed pretty great...

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
“The Highwaymen,” starring Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner is the story of Frank Hamer [Costner] and Manny Gault [Harrelson], two former Texas Rangers who hunt Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.
A March 2019 release on Netflix.

first-look-at-kevin-costner-and-woody-harrelson-in-netflixs-the-highwaymen.jpg
The writer contacted me about the styles they were wearing in the old photos of the real men. I thought they'd be using like a Stetson "Open Road" for the hat Costner wears, but I guess wardrobe thought everyone wore Fedoras back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ