Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

“Mulholland Falls”

Good flick, B. May have been covered here, cover it again. I just googled Mullholland falls and hit images.
10790_4.jpg

The movie was loosely based on these guys, the LAPD "Hat Squad", a group of take no $#!+ super investigators that left quite a legacy. Two of them went on to become judges. Their history is worth a look.
hat051.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Good flick, B. May have been covered here, cover it again. I just googled Mullholland falls and hit images.
10790_4.jpg

The movie was loosely based on these guys, the LAPD "Hat Squad", a group of take no $#!+ super investigators that left quite a legacy. Two of them went on to become judges. Their history is worth a look.
hat051.jpg
Thanks Bama. In that shot Nolte is wearing hat #2, which is very nice. The bow reminds me of a Dobbs 20/40. I’ll have to record it again just for some hat shots. Oddly many camera shot show the hats very well with all 4 fedoras well represented.
B

Thanks Bama. In that shot Nolte is wearing hat #2, which is very nice. The bow reminds me of a Dobbs 20/40. I’ll have to record it again just for some hat shots. Oddly many camera shot show the hats very well with all 4 fedoras well represented.
B

Meant to add, there's info that indicates many of these hats came from here: http://www.davebrownhats.com/

Robieman

A-List Customer
Wow! I'm hoping to get there next year...
Well worth it. You're on the reservation so you can't go down into the canyon without being on a Navajo tour or other Navajo guide. It's 2,000 ft down from the rim. I would recommend hiring a Navajo guide & tell him/her the kinds of things you want to see. Plenty of petroglyphs & ruins, photographic opportunities are everywhere. The tour busses are like crowded cattle calls & they don't venture off the beaten path. There are still about a dozen Navajo families living in the canyon.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Well worth it. You're on the reservation so you can't go down into the canyon without being on a Navajo tour or other Navajo guide. It's 2,000 ft down from the rim. I would recommend hiring a Navajo guide & tell him/her the kinds of things you want to see. Plenty of petroglyphs & ruins, photographic opportunities are everywhere. The tour busses are like crowded cattle calls & they don't venture off the beaten path. There are still about a dozen Navajo families living in the canyon.
That's great advice, thanks HJ. We'll try to do our homework before going.

A Spaghetti Western from back in the era of gratuitous nudity, as I recall.
Yes, and innuendo as well I suppose....I can see it now....Jenny walks in on him when he is bathing in a tin tub....he covers his manhood with that enormous hat.....and she says...."NOW I see why you wear such a BIG HAT!!!!".....:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana