Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

Don't remember if these have been posted before or not.

Quigley

IMG_1876.png

IMG_1875.png

IMG_1877.png

IMG_1878.png

IMG_1879.png

John Cronyn

New in Town
I know a movie hat that has peaked my interest. It's the hat worn by Viggo Mortensen in the movie Hildago. That teardrop crown is unique. I also like that sharp front pinch. Barons Hats makes the hat in rabbit and beaver. If I am ever able to save up enough of my blueberry money . I'm going to buy it in a nice pecan color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I know a movie hat that has peaked my interest. It's the hat worn by Viggo Mortensen in the movie Hildago. That teardrop crown is unique. I also like that sharp front pinch. Barons Hats makes the hat in rabbit and beaver. If I am ever able to save up enough of my blueberry money . I'm going to buy it in a nice pecan color.

Hidalgo is one movie , out of many , I've never seen . Here's a picture of that Hat ...

th

I like the Horse better , personally .

John Cronyn

New in Town
Hidalgo is one movie , out of many , I've never seen . Here's a picture of that Hat ...

th

I like the Horse better , personally .

Yeah they weathered the hat. I'm not really into that at all. But it can be bought clean without that treatment. It's just that western hats can become a little generic sometimes. This one I enjoyed the difference in it.

HanauMan

Practically Family
Well, it is summer now (at least in the northern hemisphere!) and thus a good reason for me to enjoy the old 1985 movie A Room With a View again. I have always loved the Edwardian summer fashions in that film, a look I have often tried to copy and, alas, totally fail to achieve so far. I love the Panama hats and Boaters worn by the characters, especially the one played by Julian Sands.

View media item 1467
Another great film, though best seen in winter, is The Third Man. Though Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton look great in their hats, it is the Austrian actor Ernst Deutsch who carries off the best hat style, I think!

View media item 1468

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
If I am ever able to save up enough of my blueberry money . I'm going to buy it in a nice pecan color.

Yeah they weathered the hat. I'm not really into that at all. But it can be bought clean

So, you want a hat just like it but different. :rolleyes: You'd be better off having a custom made job rather than buying from 'Baron hats'.....it'll cost less pennies, you'll have someone easy to talk to & you'll have more chance of getting it just as you wish.

So, you want a hat just like it but different. :rolleyes:...
I think I understand what Mr. Cronyn meant. I like a good "beater" hat, but more often than not I don't care for hats that have been artificially damaged and dirtied to make them look like a beater hat. I'd much rather let my hats develop their own "character" honestly through years/decades of use.

...You'd be better off having a custom made job rather than buying from 'Baron hats'.....it'll cost less pennies, you'll have someone easy to talk to & you'll have more chance of getting it just as you wish.
This I agree with 100%. We're fortunate to have access to so many skilled hatters here on The Lounge who can not only make a hat that would be better than whatever Baron hats would create, but who are also far friendlier and won't ask you to sell a kidney to pay for their hats.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I think I understand what Mr. Cronyn meant. I like a good "beater" hat, but more often than not I don't care for hats that have been artificially damaged and dirtied to make them look like a beater hat. I'd much rather let my hats develop their own "character" honestly through years/decades of use..

Yeah I understand that but folks are often drawn to movie hats that have a 'lot of character' & when they decide to make a hat similar, they change this, that & the other, clean it up & what they're left with is just an ordinary hat.:rolleyes:......it's their choice though & if they're happy with the result, that's all that matters. :)

Yeah I understand that but folks are often drawn to movie hats that have a 'lot of character' & when they decide to make a hat similar, they change this, that & the other, clean it up & what they're left with is just an ordinary hat.:rolleyes:......it's their choice though & if they're happy with the result, that's all that matters. :)
Hey, as long as they're being inspired to wear hats... ;) Me, I'd rather see someone use a hat they saw on television or in a movie as a starting point, then make it their own by changing this or that.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
[QUOTE="HanauMan, post: 2270104, member: 40469]
Another great film, though best seen in winter, is The Third Man. Though Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton look great in their hats, it is the Austrian actor Ernst Deutsch who carries off the best hat style, I think! [/QUOTE]

One of my favorite movies! Noir and Fedoras go together like ice cream and apple pie.

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
When I was going through chemo and having just discovered this site, THIS was the hat that started it for me. I am not a collector, nor do I like to pose for pictures with me and what I do have. BUT this movie , "Last Man Standing", and the look Bruce Willis had with the "HAT" drove me to get something more than just some cheap cover up my temp baldness with a ball cap look. I like the fact that it may be a bit large for him and that he wears it low, to me its perfect on him and Art made me one that I cherish just as much. Lots of great period style hats in that flick if you have never seen it before.

Attachments

• thehat.jpg
    thehat.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 137
  • VS.jpg
    VS.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member