Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies you wished you had never watched.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I watched "Hobo With A Shotgun" a few months back with a couple friends and we found it to have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Feraud

Bartender
I don't know if I'd say I'm sorry I watched it, but there was a (TV?) movie with Karen Black called Trilogy of Terror (1975). The third installment was about a little voodoo doll that gave me nightmares for quite some time after I watched it. It was low-tech, compared to today, but it scared the @#$% out of me back then.

terror.jpg
Yes, I am not sure if my six year old self should have watched that movie.

That is the one that ended up in the woman after they burned the figure?
That's the one!

Oh! Worst movie ever?

No Country For Old Men.
Seriously? There are worse films than No Country..

Feraud

Bartender
Well there are films starring Adam Sandler, Vin Diesel, or "The Rock", romantic comedies with Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, or Katherine Heigl. Anything including Seth Rogan. ;)

Feraud

Bartender
If you saw this one…I don't understand why the guy had to go back after finding the money….just didn't make sense !
It was Brolin's conscience that made him go back and give the dying man water. Stealing money from dead and dying drug dealers is one thing but leaving a guy to suffer was another matter to him.
Brolin wasn't a bad guy but made bad decisions. Life can be like that.

That's harsh :p
But oh so true! :D
Seth Rogan works on screen in very small doses. To be fair, the best role I've seen Seth Rogan is was his cameo in Eastbound and Down.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
If you saw this one…I don't understand why the guy had to go back after finding the money….just didn't make sense !

The ENTIRE movie made no sense!! I kept waiting for Tommy Lee to find the bad guy & have the big "show down", but didn't happen. Maybe that's me wanting the typical happy, violent ending. Thought he should have gotten his after all that. [huh]

Still want my 2+ hours of life back. :rolleyes:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The ENTIRE movie made no sense!! I kept waiting for Tommy Lee to find the bad guy & have the big "show down", but didn't happen. Maybe that's me wanting the typical happy, violent ending. Thought he should have gotten his after all that. [huh]

Totally agree with you. Perhaps, I'm old fashion, but I go to a movie to be entertained & feel good afterwards. The world is "real" enough as it is !

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
It was Brolin's conscience that made him go back and give the dying man water. Stealing money from dead and dying drug dealers is one thing but leaving a guy to suffer was another matter to him.
Brolin wasn't a bad guy but made bad decisions. Life can be like that.

Sorry , I never saw the scene where Brolin returns to give water to a dying man. One review writes that "Moss" returns to the crime scene for no
apparent reason & the race begins with Brolin trying to elude the killer. That's what doesn't make sense to me.

Feraud

Bartender
Sorry , I never saw the scene where Brolin returns to give water to a dying man. One review writes that "Moss" returns to the crime scene for no
apparent reason & the race begins with Brolin trying to elude the killer. That's what doesn't make sense to me.
When Brolin first stumbled on the drug deal gone wrong he found a man shot up and near death in a truck. The guy asked for water and Brolin replied he had none and took the guy's weapon.
This thought was on Brolin's mind that evening and it prompted him to return to the scene of the event to give the dying man water. This starts the chase.
The review who wrote that comment sounds like they haven't see the film.

Yep, him being hit by a truck was his best material to date!!!!!!
I'm glad someone saw that cameo! :cheers1:

cklos

Banned
I really liked "No Country for Old Men", but I'm a fan of most Coen brothers films.....so maybe I'm biased. They are character/dialogue driven, and rarely tie things up in a neat little package at the end. I went into the theater expecting as much. The trailers would lead people to believe this film was something other than what it was....so maybe the blame lies with the studio's marketing strategy for your disappointment...... Anyway, to get back on topic, I wished I never watched "Napoleon Dynamite".

Still want my 2+ hours of life back. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters