Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving to Arizona

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Arizona in a couple of weeks, and would appreciate any tips on favorite deco spots, restaurants, events, vintage shops, etc in the area.

I will be about 35 minutes north of Phoenix and about 45 minutes to 1 hour south of Prescott.

Anyone else in the area? I know it will take me a few weeks to get settled in, but hope to find some great new places to enjoy and maybe make a friend or two!

Thanks!

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Couldn't tell you about Northern AZ cause I never go there, I live in a surrounding area of Phoenix. Main Street in Mesa has a couple antique places as well as an antique war surplus shop. Also on main down the street is Queens pizzaria. Their sandwiches and cannolis are tits.

Most the bands and action is in the Phoenix and Tempe area. My old boss and music promotor lives in the Cottonwood/Prescott area and opened up his own Antique place. I cannot think of the name, but it's downtown somewhere.

scooter

Practically Family
Well, I have lived in Phoenix for 10 years now and love it here. My betrothed has been here for over 30 and NEVER lacks for something to do. There are museums, comedy club, theater, restaurants galore in this area. Mexican, Brazilian, Greek, Italian, you name it, and so, so many are wonderful. As for Prescott, it seems to me it is a bit more old timey if you will, but delightful, perhaps rustic is the right word. Many nice restaurants, but it is a much smaller town than Phoenix, but has it's own small town charm. I thoroughly enjoy visiting up there. I think you will enjoy Arizona in general, if you choose too. I have traveled from Bisbee (a magical little old mining town), to Sedona (the Red Rock country), to the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff. The Mogollon Rim country around Payson is just breathtaking. It is gorgeous here with all sorts of beauty for each and every one of us. Contact me with specific questions when you get here, and I'll do my best to get you an answer. In short, I can't imagine what you would want to do, that you couldn't do here.

That goes for you too, Rue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany