Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mulholland size 44

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I waited 80 days for delivery because I had an associate from Japan forward the jacket to me, surface, in an attempt to circumvent the assorted hefty fees.
I was nervous the jacket would be damaged enroute but it arrived in perfect condition.

The Shinki eather was thicker than I expected, a nice surprise. Purchased from TheWildOne in Japan. The last size 44 they had.

One of the photos is a side by side with my Himel Kensington; the leather has a very similar look but the Mulholland is thicker in this case.

I am thrilled with the fit and it is my best and favorite jacket.

I like the look of the zipper but I have to be careful when starting it. Oh those repro zippers.....

Attachments

• IMG_8774.jpg
    IMG_8774.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 518
  • IMG_8775.jpg
    IMG_8775.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 531
  • IMG_8776.jpg
    IMG_8776.jpg
    982.7 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_8777.jpg
    IMG_8777.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 515
  • IMG_8778.jpg
    IMG_8778.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_8779.jpg
    IMG_8779.jpg
    631.5 KB · Views: 513

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congrats also from me! Waiting time was long but I’m sure worth it! I‘m glad to hear that you like it and that it fits you so well. One of my favorite 3-4 leather jackets out there!

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I’ve been waiting for this post. As time went by I was afraid you weren’t happy with the jacket for some reason, happy to hear that’s not the case! Damn that things pretty, hope the attempt to circumvent the taxes was a success (fellow Canuck)

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve been waiting for this post. As time went by I was afraid you weren’t happy with the jacket for some reason, happy to hear that’s not the case! Damn that things pretty, hope the attempt to circumvent the taxes was a success (fellow Canuck)

Cheers and it was a success.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I waited 80 days for delivery because I had an associate from Japan forward the jacket to me, surface, in an attempt to circumvent the assorted hefty fees.
I was nervous the jacket would be damaged enroute but it arrived in perfect condition.

The Shinki eather was thicker than I expected, a nice surprise. Purchased from TheWildOne in Japan. The last size 44 they had.

One of the photos is a side by side with my Himel Kensington; the leather has a very similar look but the Mulholland is thicker in this case.

I am thrilled with the fit and it is my best and favorite jacket.

I like the look of the zipper but I have to be careful when starting it. Oh those repro zippers.....
Dope AF , Awsome fit to, wearing it like a tru veteran

Seank

A-List Customer
Hell ya! Such a nice jacket!
The zipper is finicky, just have to pay attention that it’s not getting stuck on that little piece of metal that tends to catch it just before it’s all the way down. As long as it’s seated all the way down before you start it, it’s all good.
Congrats man!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful piece there. Really like the simple, yet exceptionally complex style of this jacket. Could be a go anywhere go-to jacket really. Sad they are essentially "gone" if I understand that correctly?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Ah, this is the post I’ve been waiting for ...:):D

Congratulations it’s a beauty indeed! I can’t wait for mine to arrive this fall.

I have many questions for you, but hoping I can have them answered when we meet up in person whenever this latest lock down is lifted ...

In the mean time, when you say the leather is thicker than your Himel Bros, how would you say it “wears” in comparison? Is it substantially heavier feeling? I’m also curious how you find the lining to feel in terms of comfort.

Are the button cuffs concealed on the inner sleeve? I’ve noticed in pictures where it appears that the metal shows through on the inside ..

What else, oh, would you be kind enough to post jacket measurements? I do and don’t want these in a way LOL. I’m curious as they seem to be all over the place on the different sites. Mine is coming through Speedway Japan, and I’m hoping it measures close to what they post on their website.

You’re making me nervous about the zipper my friend lol:rolleyes:

BIG congratulations again brother, ENJOY IT!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Ah, this is the post I’ve been waiting for ...:):D

Congratulations it’s a beauty indeed! I can’t wait for mine to arrive this fall.

I have many questions for you, but hoping I can have them answered when we meet up in person whenever this latest lock down is lifted ...

In the mean time, when you say the leather is thicker than your Himel Bros, how would you say it “wears” in comparison? Is it substantially heavier feeling? I’m also curious how you find the lining to feel in terms of comfort.

Are the button cuffs concealed on the inner sleeve? I’ve noticed in pictures where it appears that the metal shows through on the inside ..

What else, oh, would you be kind enough to post jacket measurements? I do and don’t want these in a way LOL. I’m curious as they seem to be all over the place on the different sites. Mine is coming through Speedway Japan, and I’m hoping it measures close to what they post on their website.

You’re making me nervous about the zipper my friend lol:rolleyes:

BIG congratulations again brother, ENJOY IT!

Just to chime in. The shinki used in the mulholland feels more substantial than FL's brown/black full aniline, so it's probably more than 1.3mm.

There are two studs where you can snap the button in place but the secondary stud is non functional and that's the one you see from the back profile

The zipper is easy to use, you just have to get used to it and properly set the pin in place. When you unzip the jacket, don't be forceful on the pull tab to unseat the pin. I run my thumb down the slider to release the pin from the retainer box.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Just to chime in. The shinki used in the mulholland feels more substantial than FL's brown/black full aniline, so it's probably more than 1.3mm.

There are two studs where you can snap the button in place but the secondary stud is non functional and that's the one you see from the back profile

The zipper is easy to use, you just have to get used to it and properly set the pin in place. When you unzip the jacket, don't be forceful on the pull tab to unseat the pin. I run my thumb down the slider to release the pin from the retainer box.

Thanks for this detail.

So are you saying the metal snap is visible on the inside of the cuff? I may have to have someone stitch as tiny patch to cover it, if that’s the case. No big deal, just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB