Mulholland size 44

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by sweetfights, May 14, 2021.

1. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

I waited 80 days for delivery because I had an associate from Japan forward the jacket to me, surface, in an attempt to circumvent the assorted hefty fees.
    I was nervous the jacket would be damaged enroute but it arrived in perfect condition.

The Shinki eather was thicker than I expected, a nice surprise. Purchased from TheWildOne in Japan. The last size 44 they had.

One of the photos is a side by side with my Himel Kensington; the leather has a very similar look but the Mulholland is thicker in this case.

I am thrilled with the fit and it is my best and favorite jacket.

I like the look of the zipper but I have to be careful when starting it. Oh those repro zippers.....

Attached Files:

2. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Congratulations on your new jacket! Looks like a great fit but hard to tell with the photos you shared. The zippers are not so bad once you get used to it.

Robbie79 and sweetfights like this.
  3. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Congrat!!

sweetfights likes this.
  4. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Congrats also from me! Waiting time was long but I’m sure worth it! I‘m glad to hear that you like it and that it fits you so well. One of my favorite 3-4 leather jackets out there!

Jin431 and sweetfights like this.
  5. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

I’ve been waiting for this post. As time went by I was afraid you weren’t happy with the jacket for some reason, happy to hear that’s not the case! Damn that things pretty, hope the attempt to circumvent the taxes was a success (fellow Canuck)

Brandrea33 and sweetfights like this.
  6. ton312

ton312

Jacket looks superb sweet. Love that model and it seems almost impossible to find in a 44”. Well done! Post some more fit pics!

sweetfights likes this.
  7. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Cheers and it was a success.

ai00344 likes this.
  8. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Beautiful! Looks like a great fit as well. The Mulholland flatters so many people so well.

sweetfights likes this.
  9. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Dope AF , Awsome fit to, wearing it like a tru veteran

sweetfights likes this.
  10. photo2u

photo2u A-List Customer

Very nice jacket.

sweetfights likes this.
  11. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Love that style and fit is great congrats !

sweetfights likes this.
  12. Seank

Seank One of the Regulars

Hell ya! Such a nice jacket!
    The zipper is finicky, just have to pay attention that it’s not getting stuck on that little piece of metal that tends to catch it just before it’s all the way down. As long as it’s seated all the way down before you start it, it’s all good.
    Congrats man!

sweetfights likes this.
  13. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

congrats, great fit!

sweetfights likes this.
  14. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

SWEET !!

sweetfights likes this.
  15. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Look great — congrats.

The zipper is terrible. I have owned several hookless zippers and this one is worse.

Welcome to the Mulholland / Kensington club. Not sure there are any other members.

Brandrea33 and sweetfights like this.
  16. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Beautiful piece there. Really like the simple, yet exceptionally complex style of this jacket. Could be a go anywhere go-to jacket really. Sad they are essentially "gone" if I understand that correctly?

sweetfights likes this.
  17. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Nice!

sweetfights likes this.
  18. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 One of the Regulars

Ah, this is the post I’ve been waiting for ...:):D

Congratulations it’s a beauty indeed! I can’t wait for mine to arrive this fall.

I have many questions for you, but hoping I can have them answered when we meet up in person whenever this latest lock down is lifted ...

In the mean time, when you say the leather is thicker than your Himel Bros, how would you say it “wears” in comparison? Is it substantially heavier feeling? I’m also curious how you find the lining to feel in terms of comfort.

Are the button cuffs concealed on the inner sleeve? I’ve noticed in pictures where it appears that the metal shows through on the inside ..

What else, oh, would you be kind enough to post jacket measurements? I do and don’t want these in a way LOL. I’m curious as they seem to be all over the place on the different sites. Mine is coming through Speedway Japan, and I’m hoping it measures close to what they post on their website.

You’re making me nervous about the zipper my friend lol:rolleyes:

BIG congratulations again brother, ENJOY IT!

sweetfights likes this.
  19. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Just to chime in. The shinki used in the mulholland feels more substantial than FL's brown/black full aniline, so it's probably more than 1.3mm.

There are two studs where you can snap the button in place but the secondary stud is non functional and that's the one you see from the back profile

The zipper is easy to use, you just have to get used to it and properly set the pin in place. When you unzip the jacket, don't be forceful on the pull tab to unseat the pin. I run my thumb down the slider to release the pin from the retainer box.

sweetfights and Brandrea33 like this.
  20. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 One of the Regulars

Thanks for this detail.

So are you saying the metal snap is visible on the inside of the cuff? I may have to have someone stitch as tiny patch to cover it, if that’s the case. No big deal, just curious.

sweetfights and Jin431 like this.