Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Just read where Dickie Betts has suffered a minor stroke but is expected to make a full recovery.
image.jpeg

I had Major Mike at Buckaroo Hatters find me a hat to use as I am learning to play guitar at age 58. Think he found a great one. It was made up and well, fits great and has some distressing on it but I am gonna have a little more distressing done next time I am up there I think.

I like it and think it looks good on you, but if it were mine I'd just wear it and let it develop it's own "distressing" over time.

Redshoes51

One of the Regulars
I forgot to mention the funniest thing on thE LS doc. Ed King was from L.A. and he said he felt out of place with the southern boys and atmosphere. He never fit in or got use to hangin' with rednecks. LOL

A few years ago, a friend and I were having lunch at some place here in town... a big white SUV drove up... a fellow climbed out of the truck and started dancing to the music that was being piped out into the parking lot.

He and his wife entered and I made a comment to him about the rug he was cutting out in the parking lot. He laughed... made a comment... and came over to the table and said... "Hi... I'm Ed King..." I told him that I knew who he was and how much I had enjoyed his music down through the years. Ed was working in Nashville as a producer... Rest in Peace, Ed...

~shoes~

Winston Carter

Practically Family
A few years ago, a friend and I were having lunch at some place here in town... a big white SUV drove up... a fellow climbed out of the truck and started dancing to the music that was being piped out into the parking lot.

He and his wife entered and I made a comment to him about the rug he was cutting out in the parking lot. He laughed... made a comment... and came over to the table and said... "Hi... I'm Ed King..." I told him that I knew who he was and how much I had enjoyed his music down through the years. Ed was working in Nashville as a producer... Rest in Peace, Ed...

~shoes~
Yes RIP. He was a good picker, he just couldn't handle the southern boys. When I was a teen here in Texas they called us Redneck Hippies. We wore Western hats, cowboy shirts and boots but had long hair. When I went into the navy in the early 70's and got stationed on a ship in San Diego of course I met some fellow Texans and we wore our hats and boots. They called us Grits. We didn't give a dam.:):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21