Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

ebb

New in Town
Yea Ronnie Van Zant did wear some cool hats. I have yet to figure out why i cant post pics. If so id probobly post some really cool pics of him! Love to see some posted. Lets keep this Skynyrd Thing Going. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the comments.

60252743806.jpg

Here's some Skynyrd with hats. Ronnie and I think Collins have on Gambler style hats. I think that's Artemus Pyle with the tall open crown cowboy hat.
I kind of like that one.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John Lee Hooker is one of my favourites soul singer and user hats ¡¡¡¡¡

If you like John Lee Hooker, you have a good appreciation of blues and folk music. When I first bought one of his albums in 1966 or so, it sounded very eerie and spooky. "Hobo Blues" and "Tupelo" are what I liked best, better than the "bam bam bam bam" and "pow pow pow pow" songs.

One Too Many
If you like John Lee Hooker, you have a good appreciation of blues and folk music. When I first bought one of his albums in 1966 or so, it sounded very eerie and spooky. "Hobo Blues" and "Tupelo" are what I liked best, better than the "bam bam bam bam" and "pow pow pow pow" songs.

1966: I was in High School and like here the idiom is spanish, I was considered a "rare boy" when I heard soul music, artist like John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson II (with his armonic), Big Mama Thornton and many others, all hats wearing the soul artist were my favourites at this era, money is the answer why I could not buy many, many of this hat models, also I like the Celentano hats(Italian) great artist about politic rock, you can see the song; Mi mondo in mi 7a in youtube, is a great performance in this year 1966, what a times ¡¡¡¡ Now I am only 57 ¡¡¡¡¡

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Acoustic Blues muscians wear hats!

The muscians and their guitar music that makes it in my set list to play are usually from 1920-40's. The "oldster blues," early jazz and show songs got some bite to the lyrics and push to the music. Grand entertainment.

Blind Boy Fuller is an example of the muscian's muscian with a well worn hat.

blind-boy-fuller.jpg

Big Bill Broonzy was styling with his music and hats.

220px-Big-Bill-Broonzy.jpg

"Ain't Got a Dime (3X's), Everyone gets bad luck some time," Eric -

Last edited:
can anyone tell me what to do so i can post pics ?

You need a site like Photobucket that hosts your photos.
Also, go to a post of somebody posting a photo & select "Reply with Quote" option & look at the html code in the quote to see how they are posting the photo.
Like the one Fletch posted yesterday. It has a url hot link & a photo posting... HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW