Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

ebb

New in Town
Cant forget Ol Waylon. I love that hat...........And what about Ol Hag?
jennings_portrait.gif

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
RIP Clarence Clemons. Passed Saturday 6/18/11 at 7:00PM after suffering a stroke 6 days ago. The E Street Band will suffer greatly without him. I've seen him in several different hats but this one looks pretty nice. Not the best picture but the only one I could find quickly.

Clemons620_1924605c.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I love this photo, even though he isn't wearing his namessake pork pie hat. Whatever he is wearing, however (a stingy sort of OR?), is awesome.
monk122.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Leon Redbone & hats!

I am inspired to play songs ala Leon Redbone. As a more novice acoustic blues guitar player I adore the songs on his recordings and seeing him in concert is a total experience. Much more than the music, shtick and personal mystery he advances - the show kicks. I have incorporated a couple of his arrangements of loved blues/show tunes for my modest playing out with my guitar partner.

10.jpg

On a couple of special occasions I have had the pleasure of sitting up close and personal to his performances and have enjoyed them. If you get the opportunity - go see this treasure of Americana. As I am just beginning my hat appreciation journey, I recall the cool hats he has sported. Not worn - sported. I tip my hat in his general direction this evening and will call up his "On The Track" CD for a bit of nostalgic 30-40's show tunes and blues.

lredbone2.jpg

1103140949185252722_759493_v3.jpg

Jiving, swinging and feeling a bit blue, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW