Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

RBH

Bartender
The Dead South

271061.jpg

Johan Messchaert (22 August 1857 – 9 September 1922) was a Dutch baritone singer and vocal pedagogue. Messchaert was born in Hoorn, Netherlands, about 15 miles from where I live. He was known for his rendering of the role of Christ in Bach's St Matthew Passion, and he sang the bass role at the 18 May 1902 Düsseldorf performance of Edward Elgar's The Dream of Gerontius. He also performed with Mahler and Richard Strauss and through pianist Julius Röntgen he became friends with Grieg and Brahms. He is always portrayed with this wide brimmed hat, which was not very common in Europe at the time. But then; he was an artist;)

johan_messchaert_portret_resize.jpg
johan_messchaert_schilderij_joh_veth.jpg
Johannes Messchaert_(1857-1922)._Zanger_en_zangpedagoog.jpeg
Johannes_Messchaert_1910.jpg

Johan Messchaert (22 August 1857 – 9 September 1922) was a Dutch baritone singer and vocal pedagogue. Messchaert was born in Hoorn, Netherlands, about 15 miles from where I live. He was known for his rendering of the role of Christ in Bach's St Matthew Passion, and he sang the bass role at the 18 May 1902 Düsseldorf performance of Edward Elgar's The Dream of Gerontius. He also performed with Mahler and Richard Strauss and through pianist Julius Röntgen he became friends with Grieg and Brahms. He is always portrayed with this wide brimmed hat, which was not very common in Europe at the time. But then; he was an artist;)

View attachment 341036 View attachment 341037 View attachment 341038 View attachment 341039
Enjoyed his hat. Looks like it has a BE too. Great pics!

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Ward Davis I saw him last night at our local festival. He put on a great show!
View attachment 340814

Davis1119_2_Ward_Davis.jpg

warddavis.jpg

He wrote this one recorded by Willie and Merle

This is an old one written by Ed Bruce.

I was planning on seeing Ward play and then Covid hit. He was was supposed to play locally about a week after everything hit the fan. Glad you enjoyed seeing him live.

RBH

Bartender
Long before the days of Farm Aid there were Willie Nelson Family Picnic concerts & Willie wore this hat. Probably his best hat ever. And one of the best bar songs ever.

Hey HJ.... that hat is a Texas Hatters, Lone Star Dude.
Willie also had a long hair version.

lfg4x5itui251.jpg

Jerry Jeff also wore one at times.
Willies hat has a shorter brim, the one I have is also the shorter brim style.

61cDwK6CRoL._SX522_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko