Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Hey HJ.... that hat is a Texas Hatters, Lone Star Dude.
Willie also had a long hair version.

lfg4x5itui251.jpg

Jerry Jeff also wore one at times.
Willies hat has a shorter brim, the one I have is also the shorter brim style.

61cDwK6CRoL._SX522_.jpg
We went to a couple of the picnics. One was just north of Dallas-Fort Worth, around Grapevine I think. The other was down on the riverfront near the Arch in St. Louis.

Thanks for bringing that out Rusty. I'm a fan of the style.

IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Kenny Baker

Righteous fiddler right there. Wish I could find a pic of Wade Ray in a Stetson ; ) Those early RCA Willie records when he'd use Ernest Tubb's band w/ Wade, Leon Rhodes et al? Incredible.

Meanwhile, FUNKADELIC would regularly dare and call out specifically, "name" bands to get on the bill / share stage w/ them: "Let's take it to the stage, Sucker!" .. a terrifying prospect I bet. These guys not only had the tunes but they could sing and play their arses off.
gettyimages-74289885_custom-29ad090002cf93fd2decb6348011785d3da11f51.jpg

Last edited:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw him at Winfield, KS and several other Oklahoma festivals some years back, often teaming with Dan Crary. He will be missed.
I saw him quite a few times with Dan Crary and John Hickman. They use to play at Calico, and Mojave Narrows Bluegrass festivals. Byron was a really nice guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points