Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Spent some time this morning adding some songs from Eric Bibb to a show list for this coming weekend. The guy can hold a groove with a guitar and a mellow voice as well as strike a pose with a fedora.

eric-bibb.jpg

Oh yeah, Eric -

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
One of the greatest musical geniuses (and egotists) of all time is Richard Wagner.

He is often pictured wearing a medieval style velvet cap, which looks sort of like a beret on steroids. In this picture the flamboyant headgear seems to reflect the composer's larger-than-life talents...and larger-than-life opinion of himself.
Image5.jpg

This is an actual hat that Wagner owned and wore on his long Alpine hikes. He spent an important part of his life in Luzerne and the house where he lived (and composed Tristan und Isolde) is now a museum, where the hat is displayed.
P1010696.JPG

Of course, the style of hat we all associate with Wagner's music dramas is this one.
0.jpg

Andrew

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I am just finishing working up an accompaning part to Winnie The Wailer. I am expecting to play this and many others this coming Sunday. Here is a bud, Lonesome Dan Kase, playing the song in his vintage Stetson;

[video=youtube;SVYsUQ975ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVYsUQ975ro[/video]

I will pack my steamer along with my guitar and stuff on Sunday and convince him that I can whip his hat into a better shape.

Got to love bluesmen as they still don their lids. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I am back from listening to Paul Geremia. He is what I think of as an itinerant acoustic blues fellow. His travel and show schedule is arduous. His hat was atop his head while his 6 string and 12 string guitars were in full voice this evening.

IMG_4631-M.jpg

IMG_4629-M.jpg

The acoustic blues rules! Eric -

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Tom Petty has worn some nice looking hats through the years. If I had desktop internet I'd post some pics. I've seen him in a lot of old west style hats along with his top hat style. He tends to tame the top hat image down to a nice old west movie bandit looking top hat as seen in the "you got lucky" video. Anyway, that man has to have a nice collection. I've seen one of his black westerns in person. I was 11 years old at the time so I have no idea who made it but it looked cool!

humanshoes

One Too Many
Never Too Late

I've been writing songs and wearing hats (first good one was a Stetson Open Road that grandfather gave me) since I was just a boy. I started building cigar box instruments (guitars, ukes, banjos, etc.) in my basement seven years ago. At the age of 59 I decided to take one more thing off the bucket list, street musician. Too, hot here in the summer for any of my fedoras so a nice cool panama will do for now. Apologize for the quality of the pic. It was taken by a friend on his smart phone. Street Musician.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy