Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Elvis Costello donated a vintage hat (Alongé & Cie actually American, some of these have popped here) for a benifit auction (see below). Might be early 50s maybe earlier but just a guess. The inner front to back measurement is 21cm (I asked out of curiosity) so probably around a 7 3/8 or 59cm.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVIS-COSTELLO-Signed-Brown-Trilby-St-Mungos-Broadway-Woolly-Hat-Day-/281571344298?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Jack Ingram has a great sound too. I've been listening to his music since he played the bar scene in Dallas in the mid '90s. But Wille is in a league of his own!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone
my name is Anthony and I believe I have finally come to the right place.

.... you see I have been looking for this specific hat for..... well... what will be 20 years in a few months sadly enough

I have done some research in that time and from what I gather it could be a Stetson ?... or possibly a Dobbs?

I am really hoping that someone here can help me out and tell what what this hat is and maybe where I can find one

it is a hat that Shannon Hoon wore in the mid 1990s .... particularly in 1995 right before his untimely death

it is a bit hard to find clear pictures of it from the side .... but the band is made up of small ropes

below I'll link first a video where he wears it for the entire song..... followed by some pics of the hat

I really hope someone can help.... thanks so much in advance

[video=youtube;-OMvnNmjbTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMvnNmjbTg[/video]
10ofj82.jpg

zuky6a.jpg

2w7qxzs.jpg

2rm5w69.jpg

and here is an image I found on a message board from 2007 of a collage someone made of a similar hat they found

2z5ovib.jpg

thank you so much for any possible info

Anthony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails