Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

safetyfast

One of the Regulars
A band called Locash was on the today show this morning. The lead singer was wearing what looked like a Campdraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A band called Locash was on the today show this morning. The lead singer was wearing what looked like a Campdraft.

He was singing? I thought that was a computer (as is much of "country" music nowadays). Nice hat though ...

locash_0.jpg

DesertDan

One Too Many
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I just happened to catch that while sitting in the Dr office. I noticed it right away, looked like a Campdraft in Bluegrass Green. The pic you posted doesn't show how oddly he has shaped the brim on it. It didn't really do much to flatter the poor boy.

Reactions: RJR

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whatever happened to Leon? He was riding high in the early seventies and then dropped like a stone. He did a tribute album to Hank Williams called "Hank's Back" that was really excellent.

Saw Russell in the 70's when he was riding high. It was at the VBCC in Huntsville and he introduced his wife, Mary McCreary, as his opening act. Apparently, some of Alabama's finest rednecks, didn't know that his wife was black. After a harsh exchange with the idiots, Russell went to his piano and played his entire set, straight through, without much of a pause and no emotion. He never spoke to the audience. When he finished, he stood up and walked off without ever acknowledging the audience. Worst concert I've ever been to. Certainly don't blame him but it was brutal to sit through.

His collaboration with Elton was the last I had heard of him.

Leon Russell was a piano playing mentor to Elton John in the 70's & it was Elton John then who brought Russell back out of obscurity by asking Russell to collaborate with him for this album in 2010, and carrying the torch to get Russell into the Rock & Roll HOF in 2011. Leon Russell's health was not good (heart failure among other things) & during work on their album in 2010 Russell had to break for brain surgery to repair a leaking brain aneurysm. I believe he still battles the effects of congestive heart failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred